2025 Schedule Bizarre

Why do we schedule like a third rate program? Syracuse? That's a our premiere out of conference matchup? Really? Our athletic department needs to do better. Why can't we schedule teams like Ohio State or Southern Cal for home and home series? Texas and Georgia plays teams like Michigan and Clemson out of conference while we schedule the likes of NC State and Syracuse.

Can we really call ourselves a blue blood when we schedule like this?

Why do we schedule like a third rate program? Syracuse? That's a our premiere out of conference matchup? Really? Our athletic department needs to do better. Why can't we schedule teams like Ohio State or Southern Cal for home and home series? Texas and Georgia plays teams like Michigan and Clemson out of conference while we schedule the likes of NC State and Syracuse.

I “think” the idea is we play in a tough enough conference that we don’t need to schedule those games. Getting into the playoffs is the idea, if you do that those type games will schedule themselves. Also some of these OOC games were made several years in advance.

Clemson is a game we would schedule and I think have tried to schedule at a neutral site. Someone with more info can probably clear that up but I think I remember us trying to get a neutral site game figured out with them and they didn’t want it.

It takes 2 to tango.

Ohio State Cancels Football Games Against Tennessee, Adds North Carolina

Nebraska is scheduled for 2026/2027

If they stay at eight conference games in 2026, we will keep Vanderbilt and the rest will rotate. If they go to nine games, we would have three permanent opponents, likely Alabama, Vanderbilt and either Kentucky or South Carolina, and the other six would rotate.
It better be 9 games then, because it will royally suck to not play Bama and Kentucky every year. I don't really care about the rest of the schedule, but Bama, Kentucky, and Vandy are musts. Period.

Reactions: Smallvol#1

We're going to play and beat all the other orange teams... call us an orange blood

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
It better be 9 games then, because it will royally suck to not play Bama and Kentucky every year. I don't really care about the rest of the schedule, but Bama, Kentucky, and Vandy are musts. Period.

IDC too much about Vandy and UK but UF and the Gumps should always be on the schedule.

VN Store

Back