2027 recruiting

If you think singing the twins was good recruiting, then you’re wrong. They will be in the transfer portal in no time. Mark my words.

These recruits talk to each other, especially the top tier players who are at these big camps together.

Summitt built Tennessee with the top home grown talent mixed with top national talent. The new staff must put a great product on the floor or this show will be over after year 1.
1723940081243.png

Last edited:
How is any signing of elite prospects without any off-court issues not good recruiting? If you don’t like them that’s your right. To make up drama is just a sign of desperation to block the positive recruiting wave. Of course the top tier players talk, that’s why several of the top players congratulated the twins on their commitment to Tennessee in the announcement with a hundred thousand reactions. If they transfer from Tennessee in the future then both sides move on. Tennessee has signed four McDonald All-Americans via the transfer portal. They wouldn’t be the first or last top prospects if it came to it to leave or join the Lady Vols via the portal. Just my honest opinion.

Someone’s burner account. Created in 2018 but only 23 posts. Probably a regular poster logging into their burner to stir up nonsense.

Par for the course in what I call the “doldrums” around here. Absolutely not worth being here between July and season.

Yet here I am..

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Someone’s burner account. Created in 2018 but only 23 posts. Probably a regular poster logging into their burner to stir up nonsense.

Par for the course in what I call the “doldrums” around here. Absolutely not worth being here between July and season.

Yet here I am..
would misery mind a little company?

My take is exactly what it was. But I’m not sure exactly what was your point in poster her offers from other schools. Go awff doe 🤏🏾👌🏾
Just requesting “some” information about the player whose name is dropped. Other school’s offers validate the recruit’s ranking as well as defines who we are recruiting against. I appreciate your share, but isn’t as useful to form a supported opinion as in other recruiting forums.

Last edited:
2027s with announced offers:

24 Kie'Aundria Acree*
3 Haylen Ayers
18 Finley Chastain
2 Ivanna Manyacka*
10 De'Andra Minor*
23 Sydney Mobley*
7 Micah Ojo*
1 Kaleena Smith*
21 Jordan Speller*
11 Nation Williams

* offer or reoffer by Coach Caldwell posted
Realizing that no blanket statement is 100% true, do y'all think it's pretty fair to say that our performance this season will determine whether Tennessee rises on these 2027 players' lists? Or will that be more true of the 2028 class.

I'm thinking "performance" has aspects beyond the W-L record, or how far into the tourney we play, like:

proof of concept - that CKC's style of play works at this level of competition;

camaraderie - that players enjoy playing for CKC, enjoy playing in her system, and have congealed into a healthy culture of family and mutual support that embraces a 10-12 man rotation;

translatability - that individual players (seniors) have become better prepared to play at the next level under this staff's coaching.

2027s with announced offers:

24 Kie'Aundria Acree*
3 Haylen Ayers
18 Finley Chastain
2 Ivanna Manyacka*
10 De'Andra Minor*
23 Sydney Mobley*
7 Micah Ojo*
1 Kaleena Smith*
21 Jordan Speller*
11 Nation Williams

* offer or reoffer by Coach Caldwell posted
Interesting that these are all guards/wings except for Mobley and Williams (who may not have been offered by the new staff).

Wasn't Finley Chastain #1 before?

Interesting that these are all guards/wings except for Mobley and Williams (who may not have been offered by the new staff).

Wasn't Finley Chastain #1 before?
I’ve seen her anywhere from 8 to 18. Prospects Nation hasn’t ranked the 2027 class yet. A lot of services didn’t rank the 2027’s before this summer and I think some of the number 1 talk for her was based on potential before this latest high school and summer season.

Reactions: travis929
I don’t recall seeing any. I had heard speculation but never saw it reflected in an actual ranking. Hopefully we still have a shot with her. I wonder if she fits CKC’s system?

She's been re-offered, so I don't see why not

She's been re-offered, so I don't see why not

Cora referenced ASGR:

Whoever they are…

Bret McCormick is ASGR and usually pretty regional in his rankings. Finley is good but hard to gauge this early on. Solid top 15-20 IMO. The rankings outside of 2025 and 2026 will change a ton over the next couple of years. So hard to project that young and why many wait to rank them. Kaleena Smith is likely the only 2027 right now that will solidify herself at the top. She does a lot of things that not even that older kids do on a consistent basis against the top players. Success on the summer circuit doesn’t always translate to college so gotta keep watching and guessing. Tough for all involved and never an exact science as I hope we all know.

Bret McCormick is ASGR and usually pretty regional in his rankings. Finley is good but hard to gauge this early on. Solid top 15-20 IMO. The rankings outside of 2025 and 2026 will change a ton over the next couple of years. So hard to project that young and why many wait to rank them. Kaleena Smith is likely the only 2027 right now that will solidify herself at the top. She does a lot of things that not even that older kids do on a consistent basis against the top players. Success on the summer circuit doesn’t always translate to college so gotta keep watching and guessing. Tough for all involved and never an exact science as I hope we all know.
Thank you for centering up the issue!

VN Store

Back