3-7 Mississippi State

The video tape also shows possibly how Tulsa's starting safety, #1, got hurt. If I analyzed the video correctly, #1 tries to jump in a pile to separate guys then a Miss State OL person jumps on his back and starts hitting him in the head.

Congratulations to the MSU Bulldogs, Mike Leach!!! For those on here whining that (a 3-7 SEC) UT team didn't deserve a bowl game. What do you think about 3-7 MSU beating a top 25 6-2 team. Yes, it was Tulsa. But, they were 6-2 and top 25!!!

I think that the poll voters saw Tulsa and host of other non- Power 5 squads as the PC teams to back in in their voting. Think big guys with losing records could handle most of them,

Heath's a Junior. If Leach has any dignity whatsoever, Heath's senior year will come somewhere else.
Yes, I agree. And before someone says it, I would feel the same way about it if the player played for Tennessee.

Most people that have played sports have been in a scuffle at some point in their life. But I believe what Malik Heath (or anyone else) did was way over the line. At an absolute minimum, a lengthy suspension is in order. A la Myles Garrett.

Good grief at how some of you guys are acting over the fight... it’s football and things get heated sometimes... it happens
What happened had nothing to do with football. Had to do with people who have never been taught to control themselves. If that happened on the street people would be in jail. To try and justify what happened as being part of football is disgusting.

Congratulations to the MSU Bulldogs, Mike Leach!!! For those on here whining that (a 3-7 SEC) UT team didn't deserve a bowl game. What do you think about 3-7 MSU beating a top 25 6-2 team. Yes, it was Tulsa. But, they were 6-2 and top 25!!!
Mississippi State made the hire that Tennessee should have made and Mike Leach will turn them around pretty quickly in my opinion.

Reactions: loservol
"It's dumb. The root of it's dumb, no matter what the root of it is. The root of it's dumb and the continuation of it's dumb," Mississippi State coach Mike Leach said. "I would have that solidly in the category of dumb. Now where the dumb started, I'm not entirely sure."

Tulsa coach Phillip Montgomery also did not provide a reason for what started the fight.

"The one thing I'll say is our program, our guys, we're a team that is going to stand up for each other and we're going to battle," Montgomery said. "We talked about faith, family, football, and family is going to take care of family. We're a team that has battled all year long. We battled again today and from that standpoint our guys are going to continue to protect each other and go from there."

"I haven't seen enough film or anything like that to entirely let us off the hook on this thing by any stretch," Leach said.

Looking at the highlights, the pregame chirping was just weird. All those State players without shirts and the Tulsa player doing some awkward hip thrust into them.

They had been chirping before the game and all during the game. I put some of the blame on the officials; unless I missed it they didn't seem to do a very good job controlling all the chaos during the game. At some point they have to stop the game and call both coaches together and tell them to knock that crap off or they're going to start tossing players.

It's not like the fight was just some weird fluke that broke out at the end, it was a boiling pot all day.

That was total Busch league. Hope some of those guys get kicked off the team
d48aac8a-8bc0-4238-a78b-b327cd16a954_2.265249d86ec9aa9e223208608cfa642d.jpeg

"It's dumb. The root of it's dumb, no matter what the root of it is. The root of it's dumb and the continuation of it's dumb," Mississippi State coach Mike Leach said. "I would have that solidly in the category of dumb. Now where the dumb started, I'm not entirely sure."

Tulsa coach Phillip Montgomery also did not provide a reason for what started the fight.

"The one thing I'll say is our program, our guys, we're a team that is going to stand up for each other and we're going to battle," Montgomery said. "We talked about faith, family, football, and family is going to take care of family. We're a team that has battled all year long. We battled again today and from that standpoint our guys are going to continue to protect each other and go from there."

"I haven't seen enough film or anything like that to entirely let us off the hook on this thing by any stretch," Leach said.

The only difference I see is one coach lost the game and the other won. Neither is too concerned (at the immediate press conf after the game) about the fight itself.

Reactions: Raebo

VN Store

Back