5 reasons UW wins the purple bowl

So maybe you all could pretend you're Texas fans and respond to the content of the post since clearly I made a bad assumption about which UT we're playing... o_O

Or maybe pretend Tennessee is playing Washington and make the counterpoints since that seems like a compelling matchup unlike the Sark-coached waste of talent in Austin.
UW isn't really relevant to UT this year... However:

1- Penix is a good QB. IIRC, he was once committed to UT and somehow ended up at IU. He's not unstoppable. Don't know how he would match up with the Vols now... but before Hooker's injury he wouldn't have even been the best QB on the field.

2- Do you think an OL like that would be unusual in the SEC?

3- You allowed over 26 ppg. UT allowed 23 and most of us consider the D a significant weakness. Your 369 ypg makes you a middling SEC D... assuming the quality of your schedule is similar to UT's... which it isn't.

4- LOL... seriously? You think UW's speed would make them "special" in the SEC? EVERYONE in the SEC is fast except for maybe Vandy. BTW, Hyatt was probably the fastest player in the country this year.

5- UT flat out doesn't care about TOP. The Vols were 130th out of 131 teams... and led FBS in scoring and total yds. The Vols beat up on a good UK team... and had the ball less than 25 minutes.

Reactions: PurpleTraveler
So maybe you all could pretend you're Texas fans and respond to the content of the post since clearly I made a bad assumption about which UT we're playing... o_O

Or maybe pretend Tennessee is playing Washington and make the counterpoints since that seems like a compelling matchup unlike the Sark-coached waste of talent in Austin.
Man, this whole thread is one for the ages. Will go down in VN lore as one of the greats. If you’re ever in Knoxville, you’ll be treated like royalty! (Not kidding)

UW isn't really relevant to UT this year... However:

1- Penix is a good QB. IIRC, he was once committed to UT and somehow ended up at IU. He's not unstoppable. Don't know how he would match up with the Vols now... but before Hooker's injury he wouldn't have even been the best QB on the field.

2- Do you think an OL like that would be unusual in the SEC?

3- You allowed over 26 ppg. UT allowed 23 and most of us consider the D a significant weakness. Your 369 ypg makes you a middling SEC D... assuming the quality of your schedule is similar to UT's... which it isn't.

4- LOL... seriously? You think UW's speed would make them "special" in the SEC? EVERYONE in the SEC is fast except for maybe Vandy. BTW, Hyatt was probably the fastest player in the country this year.

5- UT flat out doesn't care about TOP. The Vols were 130th out of 131 teams... and led FBS in scoring and total yds. The Vols beat up on a good UK team... and had the ball less than 25 minutes.

Penix is a great QB. So is Hooker. Only would be playing in a hypothetical matchup.

You're saying we have an SEC OL? I want expecting a compliment here!

Our D has been very strange insofar it somehow comes together at the right moments. DL gets good pressure, even if they haven't hit home as much as I'd like they still hurry the qb. Not letting plays develop has been huge since our LB and DBs are hot garbage. Playing less man will be a big improvement.

But now imagine us without speed. Need it to compete.

Yeah, TOP is garbage. I saw a thread about how that is a meaningless stat when I posted this and figured it could incite replies. We're so far past that path for this thread I'm not even going to pretend it matters. Maybe it could contextually if you're like Wisconsin and your strategy is to try to score once and then run out the clock for 50 minutes. =)

Honestly with Hooker I don't think we could beat Tennessee this year. Hyatt is fantastic but Odunze could play on any team too. Tillman is out and McMillan is in. Our offense would have more weapons in this game. Your defense is better than ours. I've read some gripes about your dbs but they are easy better than ours. Overall your d is better than ours.

Edit: just read Hyatt is out now too... obviously not on my radar then. Probably didn't know about Tillman at time of post either

Last edited:
Purple Traveler showed up…. Now I gotta watch this game and cheer for UDub.

And the huskies just recovered a fumble !!

“A mystical traveler through the universe …on the wings of the ancient magics “

San Antonio is one of my favorite places I ever visited. Loved the Alamo, and the river walk was awesome. Hopefully to go back one day.

Reactions: SAPPER 5

VN Store

Back