7’1” 240lb Uros Plavsic will be a Vol (reportedly)

And I am good with that. I just think we have a number of posters here expecting too much from this kid especially if he gets eligible for year one

There’s a ton of questions in the post for next year, he would just be another...I’m not sure what to expect of him honestly if eligible, think it could be a wide range.

6' 9" D.J. Burns took a redshirt year to get better conditioned (lose bad weight), increase strength, stamina, etc. 7' 1" Uros Plavsic took a redshirt year to gain weight, increase strength, stamina, etc. Not a huge difference in why they took a redshirt year. Not a done deal yet, but I really hope we get this guy.
Cept one did it in what would’ve been his senior year in high school. Very mature decision by Burns in retrospect

If this guy does indeed come, we will be in a situation where we have 3 players for the next 3 years that are centers. They may bring different skill sets to the game but all three would be centers. It is a little surprising to me to dedicate three scholarships given the way the college game is evolving.

If this guy does indeed come, we will be in a situation where we have 3 players for the next 3 years that are centers. They may bring different skill sets to the game but all three would be centers. It is a little surprising to me to dedicate three scholarships given the way the college game is evolving.
Who? Kent can definitely play the 4, same for Burns, Plavsic is the only one I think stuck at the 5.

Reactions: VOLINVONORE
Career 1.4 average, remember that number.

That number is your only shot a being correct. All be it a low chance. Alexander got hurt in that particular stat because he didn't play many minutes. If he played CJ Blacks minutes he would easily be the all time shot blocker in Tenn history

Alexander had a block every 13.02 minutes of gametime. Black one every 14.25. This fanbase doesn't realize how good a rim proctor Alexander was imo. Same can be said about williams

Last edited:
From what I have read and seen it seems like Kent and Burns would both struggle to defend the 4. Particularly against some of the teams trending towards a small ball lineup. Maybe I am wrong.

That number is your only shot a being correct. All be it a low chance. Alexander got hurt in that particular stat because he didn't play many minutes. If he played CJ Blacks minutes he would easily be the all time shot blocker in Tenn history

Alexander had a block every 13.02 minutes of gametime. Black one every 14.25. This fanbase doesn't realize how good a rim proctor Alexander was imo. Same can be said about williams

Yea KA not demanding 30mpg was an issue, I’m hopeful Plavsic brings more consistency.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Which if Plavsic is eligible probably isn’t post, and even if he is not I’m still not sure it is.
I think it depends on the level of talent. If Kerry Blackshear is interested, his ability in the post is our biggest need. If Lew Evan's is interested, then we probably have bigger holes at other spots.

Reactions: The Dog

KA was his own worst enemy in the minutes department, though. He could have had all he wanted if he could have stayed out of foul trouble. Hopefully, Plavsic is more disciplined defensively.

Well you agreed you expected it to be just a depth guy.

If it's best available meaning choose a depth guy in a position of need or choose a stud sure take a stud. I don't think we will get that choice

I’m not sure outside of Blackshear there are many starting caliber guys on the market, but technically Blackshear would also provide depth.

I don’t think there is a glaring hole on our roster we are looking at and say I don’t care who it is we’ve got to add a warm body there...I think PG would probably be the preference of staff, but they will gladly take Blackshear.

I’ll also add this, with 1 spot remaining nothing is happening until GW makes a final decision. There is still some hope that he may return, if that’s the case none of this matters...so whoever the final piece is we likely won’t know about if there even is one until at least 2-3 more weeks.

If you have not seen him play how are you so confident he won't be a better shot blocker than KA?

Reactions: butchna
Playing the odds. Alexander is the best rim protect of my 43 year old life that has worn the orange imo.

He was a good shot blocker. Not the greatest in UT history but good. Definitely no Marcus Haislip.

I don't see any reason Plavsic won't be just as good. 7'1 that can run the floor usually means a good amount of blocks.

Reactions: butchna
From what I have read and seen it seems like Kent and Burns would both struggle to defend the 4. Particularly against some of the teams trending towards a small ball lineup. Maybe I am wrong.

Grant Williams played the 4. He was fine on defense. If other teams play small ball, then our team will have an advantage with 6'9" and 7'0' guys at the 4.

He was a good shot blocker. Not the greatest in UT history but good. Definitely no Marcus Haislip.

I don't see any reason Plavsic won't be just as good. 7'1 that can run the floor usually means a good amount of blocks.

Slip was a good one but statistically alexander was better.

A block every 13.02 min for Alexander and one every 13.38 min for Slip

Would be kind of nice having a 7'1 center in the middle for a change...Big guys like that draw a lot of attention so that opens up the court for everybody else...From his highlights he looks solid...A little raw here and there but coachable for sure and I am sure Barnes will mold him into something good...Lets hope this is true and he comes to UT.

Slip was a good one but statistically alexander was better.

A block every 13.02 min for Alexander and one every 13.38 min for Slip
Nah

KA 3.1 blocks per 40.
Haislip 3.0 blocks per 40.

Statistically even. Haislip much better to the eye test. Imo

Nah

KA 3.1 blocks per 40.
Haislip 3.0 blocks per 40.

Statistically even. Haislip much better to the eye test. Imo

Well yea lol

I'd agree with your eye test but regardless I'm playing the odds. Odds are this guy isn't going to be as good as either

I'm hoping for better than alexander in other areas which is more likely

Reactions: k-town_king

VN Store

Back