7:30 Primetime ABC game for Oklahoma - lets ride!

OU has 7 NCs and 7 Heisman winners. The only time we beat them was the 1939 Orange Bowl, since then they are 3-0 against us. So we are going to welcome them to Big Boy football?
Yup
Bc the 1939 team has tons of bearing on this year.
It's almost as if nothing has happened or changed since then.
Good times

I believe Tx and UGA also play the TSIO. If so, I bet they will be in Athens.
They play in October I believe, really only big games besides ours is OK State vs Utah and Michigan vs USC but gameday was just there so that's out, so we have a good shot for it I would think. Unless they are banking on us and Bama going into each other undefeated and they come to Knoxville?? But then again Bama plays Georgia next week...

Reactions: SasquatchVFL
OU has 7 NCs and 7 Heisman winners. The only time we beat them was the 1939 Orange Bowl, since then they are 3-0 against us. So we are going to welcome them to Big Boy football?
Yeah I know, got a little excited when the announcement was made this morning.

Not overlooking Kent State, but I'm stoked for this Oklahoma game.

They play in October I believe, really only big games besides ours is OK State vs Utah and Michigan vs USC but gameday was just there so that's out, so we have a good shot for it I would think. Unless they are banking on us and Bama going into each other undefeated and they come to Knoxville?? But then again Bama plays Georgia next week...
Too bad both can't lose next week.

Yea, i dont like Chris very much, alot of us dont. I thought Reese Davis did a great job on saturday. The last game he called of ours was the Battle at Bristol. For the same reason, Chris was doing the US Open that year aswell.
Davis is average. Fowler (above average) can get animated during big plays. Neither will ever touch Ron Franklin...

Davis is average. Fowler (above average) can get animated during big plays. Neither will ever touch Ron Franklin...
Ron Franklin! Goodness my friend, you sound alot older than me. He done a great job, but not my cup of tea when it comes to broadcasters. Sean McDonough and Todd Blacklidge were my favorite in the past. I think Todd has been doing the NFL now and Greg McElroy is paired with Sean. Also a good combo.

Ron Franklin! Goodness my friend, you sound alot older than me. He done a great job, but not my cup of tea when it comes to broadcasters. Sean McDonough and Todd Blacklidge were my favorite in the past. I think Todd has been doing the NFL now and Greg McElroy is paired with Sean. Also a good combo.
Speaking of old timers, what about ā€œThe 3 Davesā€ on the noon Jefferson Pilot broadcasts.

lol... im 35 and i dont remember this at all Please Elaborate
In the 1900ā€™s, there was a three member crew and they all had the first name of Dave.
They had the noon SEC Game of the Week each week which was usually the least attractive matchup that week. They showed a lot of Vandy and Kentucky games. The announcers were actually pretty good. They had a lot of fun on the air.

the game they are most remembered for is called the Blugrass Miracle When LSU ripped out the WILDCATS hearts on a crazy final play.

Last edited:
In the 1900ā€™s, there was a three member crew and they all had the first name of Dave.
They had the noon SEC Game of the Week each week which was usually the least attractive matchup that week. They showed a lot of Vandy and Kentucky games. The announcers were actually pretty good. They had a lot of fun on the air.
Lmao the 1900s šŸ¤£

VN Store

Back