7:30 Primetime ABC game for Oklahoma - lets ride!

I believe Tx and UGA also play the TSIO. If so, I bet they will be in Athens.
UGA goes to Texas, but bama and Georgia play before that so if bama wins and we are undeafted then theyll come to knoxville instead of a one loss UGA and Texas

Heupel returning to Norman.. 2 top ranked programs.. OK first game in SEC... Guaranteed lock for College Gameday.
I hope, but Ok state and Utah play and The Big 12 doesn't get a lot of attention so they might go there and that's the only one the big twelve gets

The first real test for both teams.
Idk Houston seemed to really test Oklahoma. I’m sure they will be ready though. This won’t be an easy one. We can step up and prove ourselves nationally as a contender or wait till next year. This is a game we have to win if we want to be in the playoffs though. OU has a lot riding on this one as well.

In the 1900’s, there was a three member crew and they all had the first name of Dave.
They had the noon SEC Game of the Week each week which was usually the least attractive matchup that week. They showed a lot of Vandy and Kentucky games. The announcers were actually pretty good. They had a lot of fun on the air.

the game they are most remembered for is called the Blugrass Miracle When LSU ripped out the WILDCATS hearts on a crazy final play.

The Three Daves were awesome. The Jefferson Pilot Game of the Week was awesome. I would take the JP of the Week for our less important games in a heartbeat.

People always joked about Phil Fulmer being "Mr. November," when in reality November was when Tennessee played both Kentucky and Vanderbilt along with a homecoming game. The schedule would look like this - Week 1: Weak-ass Homecoming Opponent, Week 2 or 3: Kentucky, Week 4: Vanderbilt. Sometimes they'd switch UK and the homecoming game. Whatever. Made very little difference.

Anyway, the result of that? Tennessee was often THE JP Game of the Week for November. It was, in its own way, great. You got used to seeing UT on at noon for most of the month. The leaves had fallen, the air was cold and crisp, Thanksgiving was on its way -- and there would be the three Daves, bantering and joking and keeping you entertained throughout an entire month of largely inconsequential Tennessee football. They still talked about the players, still commented when appropriate, but otherwise, it was like watching Tennessee with three good friends who took things with juuuust the right amount of seriousness. Not much. Enough. But not much.

Wake up, make some breakfast (or leftover stuffing if it was Vandy), have some liquid holiday cheer, watch Tennessee almost always win, and then have the rest of your Saturday free. What a wonderful, silly, and unlikely little time it was.

The Three Daves were awesome. The Jefferson Pilot Game of the Week was awesome. I would take the JP of the Week for our less important games in a heartbeat.

People always joked about Phil Fulmer being "Mr. November," when in reality November was when Tennessee played both Kentucky and Vanderbilt along with a homecoming game. The schedule would look like this - Week 1: Weak-ass Homecoming Opponent, Week 2 or 3: Kentucky, Week 4: Vanderbilt. Sometimes they'd switch UK and the homecoming game. Whatever. Made very little difference.

Anyway, the result of that? Tennessee was often THE JP Game of the Week for November. It was, in its own way, great. You got used to seeing UT on at noon for most of the month. The leaves had fallen, the air was cold and crisp, Thanksgiving was on its way -- and there would be the three Daves, bantering and joking and keeping you entertained throughout an entire month of largely inconsequential Tennessee football. They still talked about the players, still commented when appropriate, but otherwise, it was like watching Tennessee with three good friends who took things with juuuust the right amount of seriousness. Not much. Enough. But not much.

Wake up, make some breakfast (or leftover stuffing if it was Vandy), have some liquid holiday cheer, watch Tennessee almost always win, and then have the rest of your Saturday free. What a wonderful, silly, and unlikely little time it was.

This EXACTLY !! And post all about it on Gridscape all day. Damn those were the days ….

😉🤙🏼

It's weird. Everybody said NC State was our first real test. So when they absolutely crush OK does that no longer count as a test??

I don't think NC State is Oklahoma, but I'm not sure Oklahoma is "Oklahoma" we know of this year.

OU has 7 NCs and 7 Heisman winners. The only time we beat them was the 1939 Orange Bowl, since then they are 3-0 against us. So we are going to welcome them to Big Boy football?
Man I get what you’re saying. However, if they had our schedule the last thirty years, those stats would look just a wee bit different. At least that’s my opinion I guess.

It's weird. Everybody said NC State was our first real test. So when they absolutely crush OK does that no longer count as a test??
Tulane beats them this week and when we beat them too they’ll all say Oklahoma sucks anyway and we still haven’t been tested. Arkansas struggles with Auburn and A&M and they suck too so yet again not tested, Florida sucks this year, again not tested.

They’ll create a narrative where we could go undefeated through Bama and still “not be tested”.

Man I get what you’re saying. However, if they had our schedule the last thirty years, those stats would look just a wee bit different. At least that’s my opinion I guess.

OU fans will admit this too- they know that for generations they feasted on a very, very weak conference - and a lot of those Heisman stats were generated against substandard competition.

BUT- they are the bluest of blue bloods. Just like Kentucky in hoops. They still won the championship games when it counted.

This year’s squad does not appear to be up to their usual standards- and they are pretty decimated by some critical injuries on the O-Line.

Says here, Tulane gonna take them down—and Vols will blow them to the moon and back again.

Tulane beats them this week and when we beat them too they’ll all say Oklahoma sucks anyway and we still haven’t been tested. Arkansas struggles with Auburn and A&M and they suck too so yet again not tested, Florida sucks this year, again not tested.

They’ll create a narrative where we could go undefeated through Bama and still “not be tested”.
Then if we beat Bama it'll be "well they're having a transition year."

Yup
Bc the 1939 team has tons of bearing on this year.
It's almost as if nothing has happened or changed since then.
Good times
Pepperidge Farms remembers 😂 I always like it when I can safely say something was way before my time.. or even my parents existence for that matter 😂

OU has 7 NCs and 7 Heisman winners. The only time we beat them was the 1939 Orange Bowl, since then they are 3-0 against us. So we are going to welcome them to Big Boy football?
If that’s your extent of cfb understanding you shouldn’t have an opinion.

Some teams play hard football week in and week out. Others play teams whose starters would be lucky to break third string in the sec.

Can't wait....week 3 line up BLOWS across the board. Not really any big games this weekend.

Can't wait....week 3 line up BLOWS across the board. Not really any big games this weekend.

Crazy to think BC at Missouri might be the best game this weekend. Assuming BC is deserving of that #24 ranking

Reactions: TC 83

VN Store

Back