A.D. Danny White; discussion thread

Doesn't matter...this thread is about Lady Vols Basketball.
He is trying to get it right by firing Kellie….She has won less than 60% of her games at any of her previous stops before UT…. Nothing in her history says she is an elite coach…. it is beyond time to let her go and move on.

Last edited:
Just thought the below provides a little more insight on DW's reasons for his coaching hires.
----------------------------------------
Tennessee’s athletic director typically wants young, up-and-coming coaches who – where it applies — bring an exciting style of play.

“I’m a sports marketer,” he said. “I’ve said before, two touchdowns are better than the absence of touchdowns. I’ll say the same thing about 3-point shots and dunks and home runs.

“We’ve got pretty exciting play across the board and some of that is intentional.”

White said he wants coaches who deliver an “exciting brand” of play that makes it fun for the fans and student athletes.

He's had it at Tennessee with Heupel. He hopes to have it with Caldwell.

“I do kind of like offense,”

Just thought the below provides a little more insight on DW's reasons for his coaching hires.
----------------------------------------
Tennessee’s athletic director typically wants young, up-and-coming coaches who – where it applies — bring an exciting style of play.

“I’m a sports marketer,” he said. “I’ve said before, two touchdowns are better than the absence of touchdowns. I’ll say the same thing about 3-point shots and dunks and home runs.

“We’ve got pretty exciting play across the board and some of that is intentional.”

White said he wants coaches who deliver an “exciting brand” of play that makes it fun for the fans and student athletes.

He's had it at Tennessee with Heupel. He hopes to have it with Caldwell.

“I do kind of like offense,”
Thank you! Great find, great quote!

VN Store

Back