A few birthday ideas.

wbailey201

I need some help from my fellow vol fans. I am needing some ideas for my brother's birthday which is coming up in july. He is gonna be 17 years old and the only enjoyment he gets out of life is watching Tennessee football. He is wheelchair bound and has very limited mobility due to being born with celebral palsy. My question is this. Who would I need to contact about possibly getting the coaching staff or players to autograph a shirt or two for him? or is that even possible? Like I say just a few birthday ideas for him. Any help would be appreciated and GO VOLS

Reactions: 4 people
I need some help from my fellow vol fans. I am needing some ideas for my brother's birthday which is coming up in july. He is gonna be 17 years old and the only enjoyment he gets out of life is watching Tennessee football. He is wheelchair bound and has very limited mobility due to being born with celebral palsy. My question is this. Who would I need to contact about possibly getting the coaching staff or players to autograph a shirt or two for him? or is that even possible? Like I say just a few birthday ideas for him. Any help would be appreciated and GO VOLS
Tweet Byron Moore. He makes things happen

Reactions: 16 people
I took some courses at UTK during the Ernie & Bernie years and I ran into my bro's favorite b-ball player, Bernie, on campus. I told him my bro's b-day was coming up and asked what should I do. He gave me the laces out of his sneakers. Little brother tied those laces into some old sneakers he played pick-up games in at the city park. He wore those sneaks unwashed til they wore out, but kept those old laces. Swore he could run faster and jump higher. He probably has the stinkin', grey, threadbare laces framed. Shoelaces. Special ones. Probably the best present I ever gave him.

Tweet his fav and ask for laces he's actually worn, they'll put wings on your little brother's feet.

Reactions: 13 people
I took some courses at UTK during the Ernie & Bernie years and I ran into my bro's favorite b-ball player, Bernie, on campus. I told him my bro's b-day was coming up and asked what should I do. He gave me the laces out of his sneakers. Little brother tied those laces into some old sneakers he played pick-up games in at the city park. He wore those sneaks unwashed til they wore out, but kept those old laces. Swore he could run faster and jump higher. He probably has the stinkin', grey, threadbare laces framed. Shoelaces. Special ones. Probably the best present I ever gave him.

Tweet his fav and ask for laces he's actually worn, they'll put wings on your little brother's feet.

I would give anything to see my brother up out of that wheelchair. But I have put a tweet into his fav which is b moore so hopefully b moore can help me out and make it a day to remember for him.

Reactions: 2 people
I would give anything to see my brother up out of that wheelchair. But I have put a tweet into his fav which is b moore so hopefully b moore can help me out and make it a day to remember for him.

This is a good thing you are doing for your brother...made my heart smile lol.

Would your brother enjoy a cap with a couple of autographs from the 90's? I'd like to help with your brother's b'day gift list, if you think he'd like it...and if you're ok with it. If so, just let me know and I'll give you my e-mail.

Go Vols!!!

Reactions: 1 person
This is a good thing you are doing for your brother...made my heart smile lol.

Would your brother enjoy a cap with a couple of autographs from the 90's? I'd like to help with your brother's b'day gift list, if you think he'd like it...and if you're ok with it. If so, just let me know and I'll give you my e-mail.

Go Vols!!!

I have no issues with it. And I think he would enjoy it but I just don't want you to give it to him. I would gladly send some money for it. If you will allow it.

I have no issues with it. And I think he would enjoy it but I just don't want you to give it to him. I would gladly send some money for it. If you will allow it.

I don't expect money for it. After reading your post, I just thought it might be nice to do something for someone else. It's nothing expensive, but a cap with James."Little Man" Stewart and Johnny Jones autographs from the mid 90's, when Stewart broke Jones' UT rushing record. I've enjoyed it for 18 yrs, and thought it would be nice if someone else might enjoy or appreciate it for a while. You can just tell you brother that the folks on VolNation say "Happy Birthday!!!".

Just contact me and we can discuss it. It will be nice to share a little history with a young VOL fan.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14 people
I don't expect money for it. After reading your post, I just thought it might be nice to do something for someone else. It's nothing expensive, but a cap with James."Little Man" Stewart and Johnny Jones autographs from the mid 90's, when Stewart broke Jones' UT rushing record. I've enjoyed it for 18 yrs, and thought it would be nice if someone else might enjoy or appreciate it for a while. You can just tell you brother that the folks on VolNation say "Happy Birthday!!!".

Just contact me and we can discuss it. It will be nice to share a little history with a young VOL fan.
Easttnken@gmail.com
That is very kind of you. :clap:

Reactions: 7 people

Easttnken@gmail.com

I have sent an email. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: 1 person

Maybe you'll keep us updated on the process, and then post some pics of Little Brother on his Big Day!!!

Hey...didn't want you to think I had forgotten about this. The package went in the mail today, and you should have it by Wednesday!!! I hope you don't mind, we added a few goodies with the cap lol.

Have you had any luck hearing from players or coaches? I hope you brother has a very blessed birthday! I look forward to seeing some updates.

Reactions: 4 people
OP hasn't had any luck, so far, in hearing back from players or coaches about getting signed shirts, caps, etc for his brothers birthday. Would anyone here have a way to maybe help the fellow Vol fan out in his quest?

Thanks, God Bless...

I really hope this turns into something...and awesome to see Volnation helping each other out! :rock:

Yep, I'd love to see this Blow Up for this young man! I think his bro's birthday is this weekend, so any help from some folks who are connected would be great!

Last edited:

VN Store

Back