A Possible Key to Stopping Oregon's High Octane Offense

jwp1223

I put sexy in dyslexic
SIAP

But was reading up on a article about how Stanford who gave up 48 points in a 54-48 slugfest with Arizona last year, was able to stop Oregon's read option and beat them in an overtime thriller.

The NFL

Reactions: 1 person
Article Summary - Give them the flu bug

Sure if you want to be stupid and an ******* about it, or you could actually, you know, read it. It's actually quite in depth, but then you would need more than a 2nd grade education to understand most of the words.

Heading to Eugene tomorrow. Just hit them in the mouth like Boise State did a few years ago. They do not respond well to physical play. Tennessee needs to come into Autzen with a mean streak. They have nothing to loose. DeAnthony Thomas is fragile. He gets injured easily if you can put him on his rear. McCullers better bring some attitude to the game.

Give Your All For Tennessee

Heading to Eugene tomorrow. Just hit them in the mouth like Boise State did a few years ago. They do not respond well to physical play. Tennessee needs to come into Autzen with a mean streak. They have nothing to loose. DeAnthony Thomas is fragile. He gets injured easily if you can put him on his rear. McCullers better bring some attitude to the game.

I'm all about physical play, but not at the expense of another player getting hurt. I know it happens and is unavoidable in a contact sport, but hate to see some promising career get cut short off a college injury, no matter what team they play for.

SIAP

But was reading up on a article about how Stanford who gave up 48 points in a 54-48 slugfest with Arizona last year, was able to stop Oregon's read option and beat them in an overtime thriller.

The NFL

One thing you guys who keep harping on the Stanford win won't know since you don't follow Oregon that closely is that in all honesty, Oregon beat Oregon that game. Chip Kelly came into that game with a chip on his shoulder about something and it seemed to disrupt the team's chemistry. Even Thomas was screwing up. On a Mariota run he was running as if he were trying to beat Mariota to the endzone instead of blocking for him. The offensive play was atrocious. Most importantly, the FG kicker choked, like he tends to do in every big game, costing us a spot in the NC and allowing Alabama to sneak in instead. Stanford played good defense, but not good enough to beat an Oregon team on a normal day. I guarantee you Oregon will crucify them in their own stadium this year.

Contain Mariota in the pocket. Need disruptive pressure from our big boys up front. Hood and Big Dan have to control the line. They will spread it out to create one on ones for their speedsters in space, similar to Rainey and Demps for Florida. Good angles and exceptional open field tackling from our LB's and Secondary will be crucial. Control the lines, run the football, control the clock, get some takeaways and limit their big plays will get the job done. Sounds easy enough, right? GO VOLS!!

Figures you're from Washington, f-ing prick, talking about injuring players. I don't think anyone wants to see this kind of sh*t, trying to injure players on purpose. Play fair or go home. We'll curbstomp your head, husky. It's coming for you in Seattle this year. If you're coming to Eugene, where, as a Husky fan, you're naturally not welcome, be sure to paint a purple and gold target on the back of your head so we know where to smash our wine bottles.

Last edited:
That was a pretty good read, Stanford played one of the most intelligent, well disciplined games I've seen.

McCullers will be a key player in this game. If he can get a consistent push off the ball, he can disrupt the read option by pushing the lineman back into their space. Unfortunately, he and the rest of the line will need to do this every 20 seconds! Hopefully, we can play a clean game and make some big plays!

GBO!

Figures you're from Washington, f-ing prick, talking about injuring players. I don't think anyone wants to see this kind of sh*t, trying to injure players on purpose. Play fair or go home. We'll curbstomp your head, husky. It's coming for you in Seattle this year. If you're coming to Eugene, where, as a Husky fan, you're naturally not welcome, be sure to paint a purple and gold target on the back of your head so we know where to smash our wine bottles.

Man,for a team that just won its first Rose Bowl since 1950, and relevant for barely a decade, Oregon fans sure are cocky.

And by the way, Washington owns Oregon. 58-42 series all time. And a National title.

But carry on.

Man,for a team that just won its first Rose Bowl since 1950, and relevant for barely a decade, Oregon fans sure are cocky.

And by the way, Washington owns Oregon. 58-42 series all time. And a National title.

But carry on.

Do your homework. Washington doesn't own ****. We beat them this year and it'll be ten in a row. Not being cocky, just hate Washington fans. They're dirty, they play dirty and they're arrogant. One of them just blatantly posted that TN should try to injure an Oregon player on purpose. That's the kind of trash they are. Hate UW fans.

Do your homework. Washington doesn't own ****. We beat them this year and it'll be ten in a row. Not being cocky, just hate Washington fans. They're dirty, they play dirty and they're arrogant. One of them just blatantly posted that TN should try to injure an Oregon player on purpose. That's the kind of trash they are. Hate UW fans.

I could care less about any Pac 12 teams. Its basically a tier 2 conference.

Just think its funny, Oregon fans' lack of football knowledge is so consistent.

Do my homework? What in my post was incorrect? You've won 9 in a row and are still getting owned 58-42. And they won a NC in the 90's.

Like I said. Owned.

Do my homework? What in my post was incorrect? You've won 9 in a row and are still getting owned 58-42. And they won a NC in the 90's.

Like I said. Owned.

Washington's national title is about as spurious as those national titles prior to the BCS that you all say Alabama doesn't deserve.

Washington's national title is about as spurious as those national titles prior to the BCS that you all say Alabama doesn't deserve.

The only NC I actually care about is the one we won in 98.

I was just pointing out that, traditionally, Washington owns Oregon.

And, traditionally, most traditions at some point end. They might have 'owned' in the past. Now they are the past. They've been owned for a decade.

But carry on.

yes the huskies were a good team once. please allow me a moment to search back into the ancient memories to recall the time.

the huskies have an honored past and a golden future. i am sure tosh lupoi will bring the same kind of success to the huskies that he brought to cal. $500,000 a year for a defensive coordinator? kinda steep.

i believe the s****t sandwich has already been served sir. you people just havent ate it yet.

This is probably the most effective trolling method vs Ducks fans. I don't know if you just happened upon it but that is probably the best way to get under a Duck fan's skin.

My oldest kid is 9. She know not of what you write. She has never known defeat to the Huskies. She will probably be driving before she knows that.

You have an asshat attitude for someone who lives in Oregon. Kind of like an Oregonian moving to Tenn then acting like the SEC is garbage. You don't care about any Pac 12 teams, so you probably don't follow them. And if you don't follow them, then you likely know squat. The Pac 12 has 2 top five teams at this very moment. Even an ignoramus can do the math. Divide it out. 2/5. Then try to say it's a tier 2 conference.

Relax bros. Washington has no bearing on the game Saturday. No need to bring them up. Oregon is a very good team, and probably the best in the PAC 12. We'll have our hands full. I'm hoping for a win, but whatever happens I want a clean, injury free, enjoyable game.

I'd say afterwards you can do us a favor and beat the piss out of USC, but I don't think y'all play them. Oh well, they won't be bowl eligible anyway.

VN Store

Back