A student who removed thousands of 9/11 flags from a college memorial said it was a protest against Islamophobia and US military interventions

Lol. Comedy. You actually believe that? He's just acting out what many students believe now.
I'm sure there are plenty of misguided students who feel that way, but it's nowhere near the norm. Again, a fringe element.

Your exposure to it is......? In other words, what makes you so informed on the subject. You're too stupid to have any ties to academia

Reactions: AshG
I'm sure there are plenty of misguided students who feel that way, but it's nowhere near the norm. Again, a fringe element.

Your exposure to it is......? In other words, what makes you so informed on the subject. You're too stupid to have any ties to academia
ties to academia automatically make one smart? Really?I've know plenty of teachers thay ain't all that bright

ties to academia automatically make one smart? Really?I've know plenty of teachers thay ain't all that bright
No. Never made that claim. Try reading the post and apply context to it, DA.

I know some that aren't that bright too. That wasn't the point, but of course, you ain't too bright either

Hmm sounds like he is complicit in cultivating a safe space for the Islamic patriarchal, misogynistic and homophobic systems of oppression.

He's an attention-seeker and nobody would care but for people writing stories about it and commenting on social media. Which is exactly what he wants by doing something so pointless and antagonizing.

So good job empowering him. You are giving him exactly what he wants.

He's an attention-seeker and nobody would care but for people writing stories about it and commenting on social media. Which is exactly what he wants by doing something so pointless and antagonizing.

So good job empowering him. You are giving him exactly what he wants.

no one here is doing any more than you are - commenting on a Tennessee message board so I guess you too are giving him exactly what he wants

It’s a little more than “a fringe element”.

Reactions: AM64
Funny thing i was looking up Mensa and realize that Baby boomers and gen x make up 69% of mensa...the following 4 generations make up the rest..not sure the reasoning just curious sense education was being brought up

Mensa bases their testing off IQ test and you must then take one of their own test to qualify if your are over 14 I believe. The test are very cognitive based and are both equal parts verbal and non verbal.

I think it has a lot more to due with mapping of the brain than education though. Older generations had to rely more on utilizing both long term and short term memory due to lack of computers and had to switch from left side right side brain activity more.

I personally will never test my kids IQ.

You either set an imaginary ceiling for the kid or you give him a serious God complex. Neither is fair.

You either set an imaginary ceiling for the kid or you give him a serious God complex. Neither is fair.

Speaking as a former gifted kid, good on you. The number of us who ended up hitting walls we weren't prepared for in college because we could game our way through the system (public and private) is ridiculous. Even worse is the number of us who ended up with depression because we never could live up to the unrelenting standards our parents and teachers set once they saw that imaginary number.

My kids' school in Ohio (the only thing I miss from there) had a full time gifted counselor that helped bring them down to earth and prepare them for reality. Maybe I would have turned out different if I had one of those. Who knows

Speaking as a former gifted kid, good on you. The number of us who ended up hitting walls we weren't prepared for in college because we could game our way through the system (public and private) is ridiculous. Even worse is the number of us who ended up with depression because we never could live up to the unrelenting standards our parents and teachers set once they saw that imaginary number.

My kids' school in Ohio (the only thing I miss from there) had a full time gifted counselor that helped bring them down to earth and prepare them for reality. Maybe I would have turned out different if I had one of those. Who knows

Ohio has a very good education system. I went to multiple schools there and college. I went to Columbus College of Art and Design for 2 years before switching over to Col St then OSU.

Replace Islamic with Evangelical and it still works.

One fundamental group generally still believes the sword is mightier than words, though. Probably true - it's difficult to say much with your head tucked under your arm or batted along the ground.

VN Store

Back