A Vandy Fan Opines On Tennessee Game This Year

rexvol

The Minister of Defense
and head to head recruiting in state.

Vandy fan:
"Vanderbilt (In State Recruiting) Reply

When I say this I am not trolling.....This very easily could happen, and if you don't think it can then you might want to start preparing for it.

Vanderbilt will be a lot better than Tennessee this year, if you thought 41-18 was bad, you're not going to want to watch the game this year. Tennessee has absolutely zero skill players, a God-awful secondary (defense in general), and will be going against one of the best WR duos in the country.

You can make any excuse you want, but Vanderbilt shut down Bray, Patterson, Hunter, and Rivera...Those 4 players, although I hate admitting it, were damn good. I don't care how "improved" the coaching will be next year - you don't have two stud, NFL ready WR's walking through the door. Or an NFL caliber TE. ORRRR a QB that has the tools that Bray did.

Tennessee MAYYYYYY win 5 games - and if Vandy comes into Knoxville with a 7-3 type record compared to UT having a 4-6 or whatever, and then curb stomps UT again, these in-state recruits will want to join Vanderbilt's recruiting class. If you believe for a second that CJF has stopped recruiting Hurd then you're an idiot.

Butch Jones can talk about the future and all that all he wants, but if Vanderbilt beats UT this year, then y'all are in a lot of trouble. Because if you think 2013 is going to be bad for y'all - wait until 2014 when you lose every single offensive lineman and the only decent players on the defense. Vandy can very easily win 3 straight in this series and change everything...."

Fact or Fiction?

Reactions: 1 person
I think this vandy fan has put in a lot of research into our team. However, he speaks as if we are replacing bray and Patterson with mere warm bodies.

Reactions: 2 people
Vandy fan:
"Vanderbilt (In State Recruiting) Reply

When I say this I am not trolling.....This very easily could happen, and if you don't think it can then you might want to start preparing for it.

Vanderbilt will be a lot better than Tennessee this year, if you thought 41-18 was bad, you're not going to want to watch the game this year. Tennessee has absolutely zero skill players, a God-awful secondary (defense in general), and will be going against one of the best WR duos in the country.

You can make any excuse you want, but Vanderbilt shut down Bray, Patterson, Hunter, and Rivera...Those 4 players, although I hate admitting it, were damn good. I don't care how "improved" the coaching will be next year - you don't have two stud, NFL ready WR's walking through the door. Or an NFL caliber TE. ORRRR a QB that has the tools that Bray did.

Tennessee MAYYYYYY win 5 games - and if Vandy comes into Knoxville with a 7-3 type record compared to UT having a 4-6 or whatever, and then curb stomps UT again, these in-state recruits will want to join Vanderbilt's recruiting class. If you believe for a second that CJF has stopped recruiting Hurd then you're an idiot.

Butch Jones can talk about the future and all that all he wants, but if Vanderbilt beats UT this year, then y'all are in a lot of trouble. Because if you think 2013 is going to be bad for y'all - wait until 2014 when you lose every single offensive lineman and the only decent players on the defense. Vandy can very easily win 3 straight in this series and change everything...."

I feel like the bolded parts are true. There may be some truth to if Vandy beats UT this year that SOME of the in-state recruits might not consider flipping. Certainly not all of them. The rest, IMO, is exaggeration.

Basing any future predictions off of last years game is foolishness. Last years game has to be viewed in its context. The whole week leading up to that game, the only thing anyone was focused on was, when is Dooley going to be fired. Had to be an immense distraction for the team.

Vandy should compare its games against UGA and USC against Tennessee's performance against those teams to get some perspective.

Vandy is not and will never be more talented than Tennessee.

Reactions: 22 people
That phallic coach in Nashville is 0-1 against our staff-- when our staff has Big East talent.

Munch on that, Vandy.

Reactions: 12 people
If they think they're going to come into General Neyland's Stadium, with a fired up new coaching staff and beat our more talented team with some d*** head of a coach that talks the most **** about one team in the country, while still being our little brother, they've lost their damn mind.

Even if they were to beat us two or three years in a row, Vandy will always be Vandy! And we will always own them!

started to get mad, read your post Vandy will always be Vandy and thats funny.:post-4-1090547912::post-4-1090547912::post-4-1090547912:Think what this vandy fan will say when Franklin bolts for a real job, after this year, now that will be real funny like to see the look on his face.:post-4-1090547912::post-4-1090547912::post-4-1090547912:

started to get mad, read your post Vandy will always be Vandy and thats funny.:post-4-1090547912::post-4-1090547912::post-4-1090547912:Think what this vandy fan will say when Franklin bolts for a real job, after this year, now that will be real funny like to see the look on his face.:post-4-1090547912::post-4-1090547912::post-4-1090547912:

Posts like this come across as a compliment to JF. They need to be stopped.

JF will be exposed this coming year. No other school in the country will want him. He and Vandy will be stuck with one another in the cellar of the SEC until they fire him after 3 losing seasons and move on to the next loser that they hang their hopes on.

Repeat cycle.

That's the same Vandy that didn't beat an SEC team with a winning record if I'm not mistaking...

When asked about James Franklin at a recent media day, Coach Jones responded quizzically, "James Franklin... James Franklin... Oh, you mean the guy from the Liberty Bowl that taught his linemen to go after my guys' knees. Yah. I remember him. One of the many things I love about being the head football coach of the great Tennessee Vols is that I get to beat him. Again. Every year.
www.thisshouldbetrue.com

If they think they're going to come into General Neyland's Stadium, with a fired up new coaching staff and beat our more talented team with some d*** head of a coach that talks the most **** about one team in the country, while still being our little brother, they've lost their damn mind.

Agree with everything you said....except the little brother crap. I ain't related to those Sorry arse, arrogant, sack of **** losers. Make me want to vomit!

VN Store

Back