A win against Florida erases the Oregon loss

KnoxRealtorVOL

First of his name
I always said Butch has it rough because he could have beaten Oregon, but then the next week lost to Florida, and a large portion of the fanbase will be calling for his head.

The opposite applies. Get embarrassed by Oregon, but beat Florida, and I promise most of the VN fanbase will forget the Oregon game ever happened.

Reactions: 3 people
a win against florida will make it easy to duck the loss away. but the fact that will always be 0-2 against oregon still stinks. there are only a handful of teams tennessee has a losing all time record against.

a win against florida will make it easy to duck the loss away. but the fact that will always be 0-2 against oregon still stinks. there are only a handful of teams tennessee has a losing all time record against.

If we beat Florida and you're still upset about an 0-2 record vs Oregon, you're doing life wrong.

Reactions: 7 people

Yeah but these are their golden years and these are our down years. That kind of thing happens.

Hopefully the Gators really will look like they're playing in slow motion to our defense next week.

Who knows, but if the defense can make a couple of good plays and cause a couple of turnovers they will have their rhythm back. Then it's a battle between two offenses that are a bit more evenly matched.

I knew this season would be rough. But if we are able to beat Florida or Alabama in Butch Jones first season. The season would be a success IMO,

Reactions: 1 person
As bad as Driskel is, Worley makes him look like a Peyton/Brady hybrid phenom. If CBJ doesn't address Worley and pull him, we have no chance.

Reactions: 2 people
As bad as Driskel is, Worley makes him look like a Peyton/Brady phenom. If CBJ doesn't address Worley and pull him, we have no chance.

You say that like there's such a sure fire better option. Like just pulling Worley will make the team improve. You have to have someone better in his place, and my understanding is that there is no one better. That doesn't mean Worley's good, just that he's the best option.

I'm not calling for his head. Don't confuse realistic expectations for wanting CBJ fired. But we won't beat Florida. They'll beat us by 20.

You say that like there's such a sure fire better option. Like just pulling Worley will make the team improve. You have to have someone better in his place, and my understanding is that there is no one better. That doesn't mean Worley's good, just that he's the best option.

Peterman looked tons better.

Vandy was down 28-0... Sure they only lost by 10, but the score was a lot close than the game.

Back to the point though. A win against Florida would easily erase the Oregon game. It's a much bigger game for us. Period. However, we aren't going to beat them. We likely won't beat any of the big 4 that we have left to play. Honestly at this point, I'm just hoping we find a way to be 6-6. Out of Auburn, Missouri, and Vandy we have to win two. Not easy.

No matter what happens at Florida, this loss will never leave the collective consciousness of Vol Nation. Posters on this site will refer to this game at least once a season for the next twenty years and every time they do, the rest of us will pause for a moment as the familiar feeling of last night washes over us. Just this week, there was a thread asking us to remember the worst losses Tennessee has suffered. Kentucky, Wyoming and Oregon were mentioned. Surely this loss will be written about every time those threads pop up. These moments of defeat are what make us human, even if they do not do enough make Vol fans humble.

VN Store

Back