Aaron Medley Commits.

Boom! Now if we can just close this class out with about 15 or so 5'10" 180 lb. athletes and a handful of long-snappers we'll be good to go.

Too bad 2 OL are already committed...now we'll never reach that goal

Moved to #1 kicker with Kohls Kicking! Jamie Kohls evaluation.

"Aaron is a talented prospect, He has great physical ability. The ball jumps off his foot. His ability to hit a clean ball off the ground is ahead of his class, He generates solid tempo in his kicks, this spring he made a 65 yd FG with no wind and came up just short from 70 in the drill work phase of camp, hit a 74 yard 4.3 hang on a KO in the Showcase KO competition, best combination of power and consistency in the nation, also a D1 punter, pure ball striker, should compete immediately in college"

Reactions: 3 people
I don't know a lot about kickers specifically. But I follow recruiting and played enough ball to know you can trust a guy like Wilhoit when he says the best he's seen.

I may look like an idiot later on for defending him, but if he doesn't pan out, we have what? 15 other kickers now to plug in and try?

:birgits_giggle: It's funny, but at the time I was posting, I even forgot his name & put down Adam instead Aaron. I was so happy that a kicker could kick a 65 yard FG. Had to go back & change the post to Aaron.

Oh boy another kicker. Suppose to be pretty good. Has a strong leg. Where have we heard that before? 3* kicker from home state. See ya in a couple of years when we say who's this again? Welcome to Big Orange Country son. Be sure to make those 52 yarders & PATs. I'm still waiting on Palardy to do any good with the kicking game so I hope this kid can come through & prove he deserves the scholly.

...and this is how the Grinch stole Christmas.

Yes. Obviously because of one apparent bust at kicker, we shouldn't recruit any more kickers. It's logical.

And obviously, because of one apparent bust at kicker, we shouldn't go after any more who are highly regarded out of high school.

It's logical.

Yes. Obviously because of one apparent bust at kicker, we shouldn't recruit any more kickers. It's logical.

And obviously, because of one apparent bust at kicker, we shouldn't go after any more who are highly regarded out of high school.

It's logical.

I agree with you. I hope the coaches do whatever it takes to reestablish our kicking game.

I also hope that you did realize that my "Grinch" comment was aimed at seemingly perpetual negative comments about UT players and/or recruits by various posters...not Mr. Medley. If not, please reference my 1st post much earlier in the thread. Thanks...Go Big Orange!

You guys will love this.His mom posted on FB that Vandy sent him a handwritten letter today in the mail. She was dogging them like a true Tennessee fan..lol....great family. Aaron told me that he was at UT for a visit a couple of years ago.He snuck over to look out of the tunnel and was day dreaming about running through the T one day. A security guard came over and looked at him, Aaron said "I'm not supposed to be here am I?" The guard smiled and said "Nope." I joke with him about his "Rudy" moment, but now he gets to run through that T. He works hard guys, he won't dissapoint.

You guys will love this.His mom posted on FB that Vandy sent him a handwritten letter today in the mail. She was dogging them like a true Tennessee fan..lol....great family. Aaron told me that he was at UT for a visit a couple of years ago.He snuck over to look out of the tunnel and was day dreaming about running through the T one day. A security guard came over and looked at him, Aaron said "I'm not supposed to be here am I?" The guard smiled and said "Nope." I joke with him about his "Rudy" moment, but now he gets to run through that T. He works hard guys, he won't dissapoint.

One measley letter?...gotta step up J'Fra...Butch handwrites letters to the electric company!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 1 person
I agree with you. I hope the coaches do whatever it takes to reestablish our kicking game.

I also hope that you did realize that my "Grinch" comment was aimed at seemingly perpetual negative comments about UT players and/or recruits by various posters...not Mr. Medley. If not, please reference my 1st post much earlier in the thread. Thanks...Go Big Orange!

(I was agreeing with your grinch statement.) :good!:

Reactions: 1 person
Looks good, but after both the top rated kicker and punter came here and were total busts, I can't get too excited just get.

VN Store

Back