Active shooter @ Joel Osteen's church

Texas Cops Shoot Gunman 'with a BOMB strapped to her chest' at megachurch in Houston: Suspect and One Child Hit By Gunfire​

Texas authorities have shot a gunman who may have had a bomb strapped to her chest at a megachurch after she reportedly opened fire inside the church.

Witnesses said that the shooter opened fire inside the church, just moments after a religious service in Spanish had started.

The suspect and a child between the ages of five and nine were hit by gunfire, according to local authorities.

Channel 3 Now reported a black man with a rifle is 'currently evading authorities in the vicinity of nearby restaurants.'

The shooter at pastor Joel Osteen’s Lakewood Church was a woman between 30 and 35 years of age who was armed with a long gun and accompanied by a child, Houston Police Chief Troy Finner told reporters at a Sunday news conference.

“She is deceased here on the scene,” Finner said.

The child is approximately 4 to 5 years old, according to the chief. Once the woman entered the church, she began to fire, he said. Two off-duty police officers engaged the shooter and struck her.

“Unfortunately, the 5 year-old kid was hit and is in critical condition at a local hospital,” Finner said. “There was a 57-year-old man who didn’t have anything to do with it, I don’t think, who was shot in the leg. He’s seeking treatment in the hospital.”

The chief later said it was unclear who fired the shot that hit the child.

It is also unclear what the motive for the shooting was or what the child’s relationship to the shooter was, police said.

The Sunday afternoon shooting was reported while a Spanish language service was underway.

Build the wall.

Female shooter is an odd thing. Wonder if the child was used as a shield by her? Odd to take a kid with you to a mass shooting

Reactions: BreatheUT
The prosperity gospel: Nothing describes country suckers and "christian" con men quite like that scam. "Send me all your money, good people, so I can buy another beach home and another Mercedes and you can be assured that, while you've given all your money to me, you'll somehow become wealthy in the future. Oh, my.

She walked in with child and then immediately opened fire upon entering, with the kid in front being used as a shield.

J. Osteen's been in front of the Houston news cameras all afternoon and evening.

The prosperity gospel: Nothing describes country suckers and "christian" con men quite like that scam. "Send me all your money, good people, so I can buy another beach home and another Mercedes and you can be assured that, while you've given all your money to me, you'll somehow become wealthy in the future. Oh, my.
Agreed, but Al Gore is proof that the left has its own shysters promising salvation if you just latch on to their religion.

================================

Jeremy Rogalski
@JRogalskiKHOU

2h

Shooter identified @lakewoodchurch . Multiple independent sources tell me Genesse Ivonne Moreno, 36, is the person who fired shots at the church yesterday and was killed by off-duty officers. More to come. @KHOU

Per law enforcement records, Moreno also had identified as Jeffery Escalante in the past, and had prior arrests for assault, forgery, marijuana possession, theft, evading, and unlawful carrying weapon.

================================

Last edited:
Reactions: Franklin Pierce

VN Store

Back