Ainge is playing like garbage

its all good Yaz , you're entitled to get emotional and to your opinion and I think he looked like crap in the first Qtr too and bringing Brent in made him screw his head on straight...looked much better following Brent ... but now what do we do to spark him with Brent gone? :ph34r:

Originally posted by YAZ@Nov 1, 2004 8:47 AM
we had one of the best "traditional" QB's ever and never won a title until the year he left and we started a more "dynamic" QB.

I think Tee Martin considers himself a "traditional" quarterback that just happens to have some speed.

Originally posted by allvol+Nov 1, 2004 10:07 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (allvol &#064; Nov 1, 2004 10:07 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-YAZ@Nov 1, 2004 8:47 AM
we had one of the best "traditional" QB&#39;s ever and never won a title until the year he left and we started a more "dynamic" QB.

I think Tee Martin considers himself a "traditional" quarterback that just happens to have some speed. [/quote]
We proved on Saturday that all QBs are dynamic when the running game gets rolling and the defense gets stretched out after a couple of deep balls.

Originally posted by TNVOLS1@Oct 31, 2004 10:46 AM
6. Lithum doesn&#39;t work when mixed with UT football

. . . . but it does so quite nicely when mixed with Jack

Originally posted by GAVol@Oct 31, 2004 12:31 AM
These threads that were started in the 1st half are hilarious.

Next time, I suggest that you all take a valium and stay away from your keyboards until after the game ends.    :dlol:

:lolup:

So true&#33;

Actually, I WAS on valium. It made no difference because Brent was indeed playing like crap in the first half.

Tee Martin just happened to be the QB for a championship team but he DID NOT lead them there. That team was led kicking and screaming to the National Championship by one AL Wilson. Without him UT would not have gotten there period.

Well, I hope they keep playing like "garbage" all the way to the SECCG&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
Geeze people&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; Who would have thought with 2 freshmen we would be on our way to Atlanta. Some people just arent happy unless they are complaing about something&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :bad:

Can you honestly tell me Ainge was not playing bad in the first half. C&#39;mon. Who wasn&#39;t complaining about it at the time? I am extremely pleased with where we are at considering the young talent. Everyone acts like they are so above getting emotional when we are playing bad. Give it a break folks. Read my posts, I commented after the half that I posted under high emotions. It is no different than sitting in front of the TV screaming when we are doing bad. I choose to express mine while posting on the site and watching the game. Freakin&#39; relax. If you can honestly sit there and say you never get emotional during games and say things you later realize were premature or unnecessary you are either not much a fan, lying, or heavily sedated.

Originally posted by YAZ@Nov 2, 2004 4:21 PM
Can you honestly tell me Ainge was not playing bad in the first half.  C&#39;mon.  Who wasn&#39;t complaining about it at the time?  I am extremely pleased with where we are at considering the young talent.  Everyone acts like they are so above getting emotional when we are playing bad.  Give it a break folks.  Read my posts, I commented after the half that I posted under high emotions.  It is no different than sitting in front of the TV screaming when we are doing bad.  I choose to express mine while posting on the site and watching the game.  Freakin&#39; relax.  If you can honestly sit there and say you never get emotional during games and say things you later realize were premature or unnecessary you are either not much a fan, lying, or heavily sedated.

I agree Yaz, Ainge was not playing well for most of the 1st half. He admitted to being more motivated after Shaeffer entered into the game. And he even said that he takes the blame because he said he should not have to be sidelined before he gets motivated -- he should be motivated from the beginning. I personally believe that being on the sidelines gave him a chance to calm down and see the defense from another angle. He was much more effective in the 2nd half.

Originally posted by YAZ@Nov 2, 2004 5:21 PM
Can you honestly tell me Ainge was not playing bad in the first half. C&#39;mon. Who wasn&#39;t complaining about it at the time? I am extremely pleased with where we are at considering the young talent. Everyone acts like they are so above getting emotional when we are playing bad. Give it a break folks. Read my posts, I commented after the half that I posted under high emotions. It is no different than sitting in front of the TV screaming when we are doing bad. I choose to express mine while posting on the site and watching the game. Freakin&#39; relax. If you can honestly sit there and say you never get emotional during games and say things you later realize were premature or unnecessary you are either not much a fan, lying, or heavily sedated.

I see where your coming from, but calling him garbage is just plan crazy&#33; :bs:

Let&#39;s say we lost that game, would you have calmed down and chilled out after or would you still be calling him garbage today?

Winning cures everything.

Pleasae refer to &#39;correction&#39; on first post of current thread. thankyou.

I would most definitely be screaming for change had we lost to SC. That&#39;s unacceptable. I don&#39;t think I would say he was garbage but I would hope Schaeffer would get a start after a loss like that. Especially after the way Schaefer came in and played.

I would most definitely be screaming for change had we lost to SC. That&#39;s unacceptable. I don&#39;t think I would say he was garbage but I would hope Schaeffer would get a start after a loss like that. Especially after the way Schaefer came in and played.

Thats fair.

So let&#39;s say we lost, (I know, I know) What I&#39;m saying is that a Qb shouldn&#39;t be judged by one bad game or even two. Freshaman make mistakes&#33; But I agree that Schaeffer deserves playing time and a chance to win the job, which he has gotten.

GO VOLS&#33;

agreed.

We&#39;ll see how he does without brent to light a spark against ND.

Hopefully he comes out like he did against UGA

There was 10 other players out that wasn&#39;t helping during that game. Why wasn&#39;t the O-Line opening holes in the 1st half? Why was the RB&#39;s tiptoeing to the line and not hitting it hard? Yes he missed some pass and maybe some were not his fault, maybe the WR&#39;s run the pattern incorrectly (YEP) not all just some, if a WR is 2 yards off or a 1/2 sec late getting to the spot the throw will look really bad. Most 1st year QB&#39;s under the Fulmer Era didn&#39;t take off till after the 2nd off week during the season and UT hasn&#39;t had that yet.

Schaeffer had a great week of practice and was rewarded for it just as when he had 3 bad weeks of practice he didn&#39;t see any field time or very little.

One more thing to sit and think about and I really mean to think about, Ainge and Schaeffer have been splitting time equally in practice all fall and that makes it hard for either one to be totally prepared and really in sync with the receivers and it has really caused both to struggle.

with brent injured eric should be more prepared for the wee little people :ph34r:

By the way. Most boards have rules against trashing players by name on their forums. That shouldn&#39;t be allowed here either.

Originally posted by BHAMVOLFAN@Nov 3, 2004 6:54 PM
By the way. Most boards have rules against trashing players by name on their forums. That shouldn&#39;t be allowed here either.

IMO, we control it pretty well, we police each other.

Nobodies trashing players. Just commenting on performance. Good lord some of you people are unbelievably overdramatic. RELAX&#33;

Hey Freak, Could you please change the title of this post to "Ainge is playing like garbage." That is what was meant and maybe people will relax already.

Originally posted by YAZ@Nov 3, 2004 8:07 PM
Nobodies trashing players. Just commenting on performance. Good lord some of you people are unbelievably overdramatic. RELAX&#33;

Hey Freak, Could you please change the title of this post to "Ainge is playing like garbage." That is what was meant and maybe people will relax already.

Done.

Whatever it takes. :dunno:

Hey, yours has been one of the most popular threads this week. :peace2:

VN Store

Back