AITA (Am I the A-h*le)

I don’t think so. You know, I use to not say anything in those situations just smile and walk away.
But not anymore, with all the crap and political correctness now it seems people feel they have a right to lecture or scorn others.

Just last week I took my 16 year old granddaughter shopping, (who looks 21…don’t they all?) and while I was away from her in the Men’s dept an older woman told her, “young lady your shorts are way too short and girls like you wonder why they get raped.”
I found her and I do not even want to tell you how I went off on her. In the past I would have let it go and teach my granddaughter just how some people are. I can’t do it anymore, I’ve had enough of the do righteous people. And I think my granddaughter needs to know how to deal with these types and stand up for herself. Now she knows even better that papa has her back.
Opinions appreciated.
I think to your point it doesn't even really matter if you are considered an a-hole anymore, you probably would be considered one anyway with the modern political correctness. so you might as well be the a-hole that stands up for your family.

Reactions: tbh and Pennheel
Only if you were at the diesel pump. Drives me crazy when all the other pumps are open and a gas car is at the only diesel pump.
I usually roll up on their back bumper and sit there rattling away. Once a lady yelled at me and said “you can use a different pump”. I rolled the window down and said “I’d love to if any of the others had diesel “. She looked around and realized what was going on and then said “sorry”. To which I said “no big deal”. Most people figure it out on their own. I think most don’t realize that there’s only one diesel pump

I will start, I was filling up at the gas station this afternoon, and had some lady approach me and say I was inconsiderate.

I got done filling up, left my car at the pump after I paid and closed up, and then walked into the station to go to the bathroom. On the way out a lady got onto me for leaving my car there and taking up a pump while I was away. There were plenty of open spots even when I got back. I typically leave my car if there are open spots, but I will move it up to store if there arent spots.

So, am I the a-h*le in this situation for leaving my car at a pump?
If there were no open pumps then yes, but if there were other open pumps then no

love this thread

so I had 2 extra tickets to the home games in 2021 and my wife had put them for sale on the electronic bulletin board at work. So a guy calls me and says he wants the 2 tickets for the Ole Miss Mustard Bowl. I say OK but he can't get them till later in the week and I was going to have to drive several miles to meet up with him.
He keeps talking and lets me know he is getting them for his pastor in Mississippi. I then find out that his pastor is an Ole Miss fan.

So I get another call a day later from someone very close by who wants all the remaining games that year and he can meet me now for the exchange. He is also a Knoxville grown Fulton High guy. I didn't hesitate to say sold.

I let the first guy know that he had lost out and man was he pizzed. Didn't have very many good things to say about me or my character.

But on the other hand, I would have really hated to sit with an OM fan that night.

AITA?
Yes because you had already made a deal with the first guy.

I will start, I was filling up at the gas station this afternoon, and had some lady approach me and say I was inconsiderate.

I got done filling up, left my car at the pump after I paid and closed up, and then walked into the station to go to the bathroom. On the way out a lady got onto me for leaving my car there and taking up a pump while I was away. There were plenty of open spots even when I got back. I typically leave my car if there are open spots, but I will move it up to store if there arent spots.

Not the a hole, everyone does this lol.. maybe if it was super jam packed, but even then, sort of debatable 😂 she needed to mind her own business, there weren’t cars waiting so she needs to chill

Last edited:
I went to a college football tailgate with a bunch of people I don't know IRL but we all post on the same sports message board. I drank a bunch and had to pee real bad but there wasn't a portable potty, or even a bush, anywhere nearby so a grabbed a half-full jug of tea and "topped it off" between some parked cars. I put the tea jug back where I found it and skedaddled. Am I the a-hole?
Yes, That’s gross. 😂

I park at the pumps at all times. I want the shade. I go in a buy a drink. Walk out. I don't care. I want the shade. So NTA.

that doesn't bother me. what bothers me are ass fooks that park in the curb side grocery pickup spots then go in to grocery store, to shop. For 15-20 minutes or longer.

I robbed millions by defrauding the University of Tennessee and the best fan base in America. Am I the A-hole?

~Derek Dooley, Sal Sunseri, Butch Jones, Bob Shoop, Jeremy Pruitt, Mike Hamilton, Brian Niedermeyer, and Will Friend

Got another one, yesterday at the grocery store there was an abandoned cart, with stuff in it, blocking the aisle, and also something in particular that i needed. So I moved it about 5-6 feet down the aisle, and off to one side. Before I moved it, I asked the next closest shopper if it was theirs, it wasn't, and no one else was nearby without a cart. As I grab my stuff, from the now-vacated area the cart was in, the "owner" of the cart came by and asked me why I moved the cart, and that I shouldn't touch other people's stuff, especially food because "who knows what I did to their food". They had just left it there for a "second" to go back and grab something from the previous aisle.

AITA for moving this lady's cart?

I normally wouldn't think I was the A, but it was the second incident in that trip, I had previously scared a lady who "didn't realize she was blocking the aisle", when I said "excuse me" to her. so this cart thing may have been a bit more malicious than it otherwise would have been.

Got another one, yesterday at the grocery store there was an abandoned cart, with stuff in it, blocking the aisle, and also something in particular that i needed. So I moved it about 5-6 feet down the aisle, and off to one side. Before I moved it, I asked the next closest shopper if it was theirs, it wasn't, and no one else was nearby without a cart. As I grab my stuff, from the now-vacated area the cart was in, the "owner" of the cart came by and asked me why I moved the cart, and that I shouldn't touch other people's stuff, especially food because "who knows what I did to their food". They had just left it there for a "second" to go back and grab something from the previous aisle.

I normally wouldn't think I was the A, but it was the second incident in that trip, I had previously scared a lady who "didn't realize she was blocking the aisle", when I said "excuse me" to her. so this cart thing may have been a bit more malicious than it otherwise would have been.
On this one no.

she was clearly trying to dominate you by using a classic passive aggressive maneuver and it worked. YTA for not laughing in her face.

NTA.

NTA

If they left an unattended cart blocking the aisle they are being the jerk, almost universally. If she didn't want anyone to touch her cart she shouldn't block the aisle with it and definitely shouldn't have left it unattended. No one knew when or if anyone would return for it.

Not guilty

You're lucky she didn't shoot you. The woman was obviously not real bright.

Reactions: EasternVol
I robbed millions by defrauding the University of Tennessee and the best fan base in America. Am I the A-hole?

~Derek Dooley, Sal Sunseri, Butch Jones, Bob Shoop, Jeremy Pruitt, Mike Hamilton, Brian Niedermeyer, and Will Friend
Lane/Monty say Hi.

Reactions: UTFanHades
I get unsolicited political texts quiet often. Got my first of the year today. I get it from both sides, for all types of races, County Commissioner through President. I always respond with a message opposite of whatever their platform is. Republican texts me I am a Trans-communist-border hopper, democrat texts me and I am bible thumping, gun toting, MAGA deplorable.

AITA?

Reactions: VolFaninFla
I get unsolicited political texts quiet often. Got my first of the year today. I get it from both sides, for all types of races, County Commissioner through President. I always respond with a message opposite of whatever their platform is. Republican texts me I am a Trans-communist-border hopper, democrat texts me and I am bible thumping, gun toting, MAGA deplorable.

AITA?
I don't think so.

AITA?
No.

VN Store

Back