'25 AL S Sidney Walton (Tennessee commit)

Well I’m thoroughly disappointed with this commitment. Where’s the 100 pages of discussion by the volnation experts arguing if this guy is a take or not, we cant ever overtake UGA taking this kind of recruit, is he going to play offense or defense, safety or TE, could we not find a player of similar quality in-state instead of going into gumpville? Somehow I feel cheated!!

BOOM!
iu

Will have this in the impact analysis article I wrote when it comes out. But this kid has as much room to grow as anyone, if not more in addition to what he already has. He started playing his sophomore year so this past year was his second season. He also is very young for his class. He is 16 and doesn't turn 17 until November

Will have this in the impact analysis article I wrote when it comes out. But this kid has as much room to grow as anyone, if not more in addition to what he already has. He started playing his sophomore year so this past year was his second season. He also is very young for his class. He is 16 and doesn't turn 17 until November
What site do you write for?

Reactions: Smokey19rt

The first thing you notice with Sidney Walton is his length. He plays cornerback for his high school team, but with his frame, he projects as a safety when he gets to Knoxville. Coming in at around 6-foot-2, his long frame and physicality present problems for receivers lining up across from him.

His usage of length and physicality and knowing how to use it to his advantage allows him to be a real playmaker on the ball. This was on full display this last season as he recorded 28 pass breakups.
The Moody High School product began playing football during his sophomore year, meaning this past fall was only his second season playing the sport. In those two short years, it has already led to him committing to a program like Tennessee as he continues to get better.

Secondly, he is young for his class, with his age suggesting he would be in the 2026 recruiting cycle, so one could argue that he has more untapped potential to develop than other peers in his class.

At the end of the day, Walton continues the trend of adding length and athleticism to the future of the secondary under this coaching staff. The new commit is just beginning to scratch the surface of what he can be while already showing he is capable of impressive play. This screams potential to be a fast-rising prospect as the process goes on.

VN Store

Back