Alabama Game Blackout Unis?

I’m sorry😭😭I got the vibe people would be bothered by this but that’s far from what I wanted to do. Still learning a lot about the traditions of UT and things like that.
Big rivals should always be traditional unis which are Florida and Bama. UGA would be the only bigger rival considered an alright game to wear black/grey. Every other team it doesn't matter much

Just wondering everyone’s thoughts on us rocking the blackout look vs Alabama. I know it’ll probs be a checker Neyland game but this would be awesome.

Edit: I’m relatively new to the fan base and I hope this question doesn’t trigger anyone, please educate me. I don’t know a ton about what they traditionally wear. Last game I went to was in 2021 against Ole Miss and it was checkered.
I went to 2021 Ole Miss also (first game in 10+ years). I’m going to try to go to a game every year so I did Kentucky 2022, and Georgia last year. We did the dark mode for Kentucky 2022, SC 2023.

I think there’s a chance they do dark mode for Bama. Especially if it’s a night game. I know it’s tradition to wear 🍊 but I honestly don’t mind the switch up.

But I did get my 🎫 for Bama so I’m ready either way 😂

Reactions: tennrich1
I went to 2021 Ole Miss also (first game in 10+ years). I’m going to try to go to a game every year so I did Kentucky 2022, and Georgia last year. We did the dark mode for Kentucky 2022, SC 2023.

I think there’s a chance they do dark mode for Bama. Especially if it’s a night game. I know it’s tradition to wear 🍊 but I honestly don’t mind the switch up.

But I did get my 🎫 for Bama so I’m ready either way 😂
That’s awesome! Neyland is insane, we are trying to make it a yearly trip as well!

Just wondering everyone’s thoughts on us rocking the blackout look vs Alabama. I know it’ll probs be a checker Neyland game but this would be awesome.

Edit: I’m relatively new to the fan base and I hope this question doesn’t trigger anyone, please educate me. I don’t know a ton about what they traditionally wear. Last game I went to was in 2021 against Ole Miss and it was checkered.

I would do an ORANGEOUT.

Thank you! As said before, that weekend can’t come soon enough. My stepdad was born and raised in Paris TN and he doesn’t get back to Tennessee a whole lot. Hoping this team keeps doing what they are doing. Gonna be a special weekend!
Paris is known for their catfish which comes from KY Lake just a few miles away. I used to live 40 miles from Paris down river in Houston county. They used to have a nice golf course at Paris Landing State Park, nest to KY Lake. Haven't been home in awhile so don't know how it is now. Welcome to the fan base.

So traditional rivalries usually demand traditional jerseys. Black and Smokey greys piss off the old heads but I don’t care as long as the kids like them. I do like the black jerseys a lot for Halloween games.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I remember in 2008 Georgia went blackout against Alabama. Pregame the Bama head trainer, I believe, said Georgia was dressing for their own funeral (So the legend goes). Bama curb stomped them. Let's go traditional home, a la 2022.

Wear the same uni's worn in 2022, and put a couple number 11's scattered on them just to scare em' a little.

Naw...I say we go a ridin' and a stompin' and do a #6 on 'em...!!!

NOTE: HERE is where I'd normally insert the scene from "Blazzing Saddles" regarding the "#6"...BUT... @Freak WARNED me...that if I did it "one more time"...he was gonna "take away my ability to "Ctrl-V"..."

Bama will show up in traditional unis, as always.
Hopefully Tennessee plays in traditional Orange and White......and thumps the red tide

We could go dark mode and checker w/ black and orange. Traditionalists would lose their minds

1. Look both ways before posting. Please take a moment to scan the first page of the forum to see if a similar discussion exists before starting a new thread. Also, please don't start a new thread for every thought that pops into your head.

Last edited:

…now ya done it…

I'm old school. Tennessee has a color that, even when passing a tv in a busy restaurant, when you see a team in orange, it's us. It's ain't 'smokey gray', it ain't black. We have an ICONIC jersey color, but that is lost on some. As for the Bama game, it was fairly glorious back in the 60s, and before, when each team could wear their colors. The reason they outlawed this was because of colorblindness. Not Human colorblindness, but TV (Black and White). Some schools were hard to distinguish. I'd love to see both teams have their colored jerseys back for a game.

1726265681061.png

1726265792597.png

1726265936767.png

And get off my lawn you young whippersnapper!!

VN Store

Back