Alabama Game Blackout Unis?

After awhile, if most of your signature wins are not in your signature colors, when those images are seen and clips replayed on TV or sports sites, you are diminishing your image brand among potential new fans.

Not a new theory. For generations, when a major grocery store brand changes its label, they try to sell out or clear out all the boxes with the old brand from the shelves, so that all customers see is the new brand. Repetition sticks in memory.

Just wondering everyone’s thoughts on us rocking the blackout look vs Alabama. I know it’ll probs be a checker Neyland game but this would be awesome.

Edit: I’m relatively new to the fan base and I hope this question doesn’t trigger anyone, please educate me. I don’t know a ton about what they traditionally wear. Last game I went to was in 2021 against Ole Miss and it was checkered.
the Florida game has been announced checker neyalnd and there is now way that we are going blackout against Alabama. Got to go traditional vs Tide. I’ll bet they’ll go black vs Kentucky because they have already said that’s a night game. No worries😂😁

Just wondering everyone’s thoughts on us rocking the blackout look vs Alabama. I know it’ll probs be a checker Neyland game but this would be awesome.

Edit: I’m relatively new to the fan base and I hope this question doesn’t trigger anyone, please educate me. I don’t know a ton about what they traditionally wear. Last game I went to was in 2021 against Ole Miss and it was checkered.
With all due respect but NO!

So what made you decide to become a Vol fan?

Welcome aboard.

Florida has already been announced as the Checker Neyland game. Also, I'm pretty sure Heupel announced that Florida and Alabama would always be the classic unis.

Kentucky will most likely be the Dark Mode game.

We tend to always beat Kentucky when we wear our alternate unis.

I've noticed we always beat them in our traditional unis too.

.... we also always beat them in our away jerseys.

No, hell no.

The only correct answer to this is that regardless of where game is played each year.. each team should be decked out in traditional home uni's. Any other answer is wrong. Saban is gone now, maybe DeBoer would be opened to it.

Reactions: onevol74

Hopefully that will never happen. These all black uni's are gross, disgusting, throw-up etc. Tennessee/Alabama -- is tradition. Tennessee has the best uniforms in all of football. Orange jerseys only for Alabama. Put the black uni's in garbage landfill where they belong

Paris is known for their catfish which comes from KY Lake just a few miles away. I used to live 40 miles from Paris down river in Houston county. They used to have a nice golf course at Paris Landing State Park, nest to KY Lake. Haven't been home in awhile so don't know how it is now. Welcome to the fan base.
I can tell it’s been a few years since you lived in Houston county brother. It’s up river from Paris. The river runs north on our end of the state. That’s always been my favorite bammer joke, even the Tennessee River turned around and got outta that state.

Florida has already been announced as the Checker Neyland game. Also, I'm pretty sure Heupel announced that Florida and Alabama would always be the classic unis.

Kentucky will most likely be the Dark Mode game.

I hope so. I’m going to that one and my son hasn’t gotten to experience a dark mode game yet.

Sept. 23, 1922, Tennessee 50, Emory & Henry 0, Shields-Watkins Field. This game marked the debut of the orange jerseys, fulfilling the dream of 1922 captain Roy Striegel of Perryville (Decatur County). The previous jerseys had been black with orange piping on the sleeves.

" I get a thrill every time I see the orange and white on the football field." Roy Striegel, Vol Captain 1922.

Me too Roy, me too!

So sick of the gimmick uniforms like it makes a difference. Maybe they can leave fans coloring books in the seats as well and iTunes cards with a list of teenage girl songs. Gotta laugh at theme day fans.
Be nice now. You know we have to keep the kindergartners imagination invigorated.

So what made you decide to become a Vol fan?

Welcome aboard.
Step dad born and raised in TN. Huge vols fan but had never been to a game so I surprised him with tickets for Father’s Day. I’m a huge football fan already but SEC football is a different animal. Neyland was an awesome experience and I’ve been a big fan ever since!

Reactions: NighthawkVol

VN Store

Back