Alabama Game Visitors (thread)

Going to be another massive weekend, especially if we're in a Top 5(ish) matchup and coming off a victory in Red Stick.

Here's who is currently expected. Obviously this list will grow dramatically over the next 2 weeks...

Most if not all current commitments
Keldric Faulk (OV)
Samuel M'Pemba (OV)
Tomarion Parker
Daveion Hobbs - huge to get him back for an UV right off the heels of what was obviously a great OV

QB Jake Merklinger - big visit here
DB Omilio Agard
DL Malik Blocton - Lang’s teammate
DB Kaleb Beasley
WR Jonathan Paylor
ATH Mekhai White

Edge Zion Grady - 5-star
RB Gideon Davidson

VFLs
Cordarrelle Patterson
The VFLs list will be huge.

Once again, this will be the hottest ticket in college football. I don't know how you top the atmosphere of the Florida game, but I think we manage to do it somehow. This has the chance to be a program changing/ defining game. 10-2 is realistically within reach now, but so much more is an actual possibility. Pitt, UF, and LSU were considered toss up games in the preseason. We cleared those hurdles. Now we have 2 games that most considered automatic losses and 1 more toss up left on the schedule. How many thought 9-3 would be the floor after 5 games before the season started? 9-3 was my preseason prediction, but now I want more. We are 1 upset away from a potential playoff appearance.

Once again, this will be the hottest ticket in college football. I don't know how you top the atmosphere of the Florida game, but I think we manage to do it somehow. This has the chance to be a program changing/ defining game. 10-2 is realistically within reach now, but so much more is an actual possibility. Pitt, UF, and LSU were considered toss up games in the preseason. We cleared those hurdles. Now we have 2 games that most considered automatic losses and 1 more toss up left on the schedule. How many thought 9-3 would be the floor after 5 games before the season started? 9-3 was my preseason prediction, but now I want more. We are 1 upset away from a potential playoff appearance.
Would you still consider UK a toss up? They aren't great with Levis and are pretty awful without him. MSU will probably beat them. That means they will arrive at Neyland following a bye and a 3 game losing streak. UT will be coming off of a recovery game vs UT-Martin.

A 7-5 finish for UK is looking more likely.

Would you still consider UK a toss up? They aren't great with Levis and are pretty awful without him. MSU will probably beat them. That means they will arrive at Neyland following a bye and a 3 game losing streak. UT will be coming off of a recovery game vs UT-Martin.

I don't, but it was considered a toss up in the preseason. Levis is also likely back and healthy in 3 weeks, so it's not just a gimme either. The benefit for us is that it's a home game and we get UT Martin between the Bama and UK games. There whole season is about beating us and wrecking our season at this point.

As someone who thought UK would be a toss up in pre-season, absolutely not. Their LOS play has been atrocious. They’ve already given up more sacks than they did all of last season. Levis will make a play or two, but their offense has zero shot of keeping pace.

As someone who thought UK would be a toss up in pre-season, absolutely not. Their LOS play has been atrocious. They’ve already given up more sacks than they did all of last season. Levis will make a play or two, but their offense has zero shot of keeping pace.
I didn't buy them to start with but thought a relatively weak schedule might carry them. They lost too much on the OL and at WR. I felt like their DL would take a step back too.

OM has been better than expected as has MSU. I thought UT and UGA would beat them. Never dreamed USCe would. OM was a surprise but less. MSU would be a surprise if UK wins.

This is why Kentucky is the potential trap game, not LSU. If we beat Bama, it will be very hard to not immediately look ahead to the UGA match-up, considering KY jelly may be coming off 3 consecutive losses and have 2 weeks to prepare for us.

I didn't buy them to start with but thought a relatively weak schedule might carry them. They lost too much on the OL and at WR. I felt like their DL would take a step back too.

OM has been better than expected as has MSU. I thought UT and UGA would beat them. Never dreamed USCe would. OM was a surprise but less. MSU would be a surprise if UK wins.
They also lost their offensive coordinator. I think that was the biggest loss.

I don't, but it was considered a toss up in the preseason. Levis is also likely back and healthy in 3 weeks, so it's not just a gimme either. The benefit for us is that it's a home game and we get UT Martin between the Bama and UK games. There whole season is about beating us and wrecking our season at this point.
I don't think there are any true "gimmes". OTOH, I felt like UK would be a win primarily because of what they lost from last year... which I believe to be their best team ever. I also thought style of play favored UT by a lot.

You are right about them wanting to be UT's spoiler now. There's a lot of hate on their side of this "rivalry". Almost jealousy in spite of their historic basketball success.

Honestly though... I don't think they can run the ball or protect the QB vs UT. I don't think they can stop UT's O. Unless something changes between now and then... I don't think it is close this year.

They also lost their offensive coordinator. I think that was the biggest loss.
Their fans thought they were upgrading when they hired Scangarello from the 49ers. Interesting how that works out some times. I'm sure Stoops was calculating that he could get better recruits by stamping his O "Pro-style" with an NFL OC.

Did you see the game the other night? Did they really say he had scripted something like 60 plays for the game? That seems like a recurring failure of NFL offensive coaches when they take CFB jobs- they overcomplicate everything.

I don't think there are any true "gimmes". OTOH, I felt like UK would be a win primarily because of what they lost from last year... which I believe to be their best team ever. I also thought style of play favored UT by a lot.

You are right about them wanting to be UT's spoiler now. There's a lot of hate on their side of this "rivalry". Almost jealousy in spite of their historic basketball success.

Honestly though... I don't think they can run the ball or protect the QB vs UT. I don't think they can stop UT's O. Unless something changes between now and then... I don't think it is close this year.
I agree that they would need to play their best game and we would need to play bad on both sides of the ball. The issue is our questionable secondary that may have just lost another experienced starter. Also, how do these kids handle success if undefeated at that point. This is mostly playing devil's advocate. This game shouldn't be close, but it's also the only team left (not named UGA or Bama) that has the potential on both sides to make it a game.

Their fans thought they were upgrading when they hired Scangarello from the 49ers. Interesting how that works out some times. I'm sure Stoops was calculating that he could get better recruits by stamping his O "Pro-style" with an NFL OC.

Did you see the game the other night? Did they really say he had scripted something like 60 plays for the game? That seems like a recurring failure of NFL offensive coaches when they take CFB jobs- they overcomplicate everything.
I did. He tried to get way too damn cute with having a RS freshman back up playing QB. He needed to keep things simple. Berrion Brown was made a complete non-factor in that game.

60 plays?!😮
Those kids are thinking too much rather than just playing football.

I’m liking our DL vs other OLs more each day. A&M had their way with Bama OL for the most part. I know they’re highly ranked but they are young. Garner has a bunch of lunch pail guys who play hard. And a lot of them.

VN Store

Back