Alden Hill looking good @ RB

When its third and 1 or fourth and a half of a yard, i would rather have that bruiser, than a back with 4.5 speed any day, and with this big old OL Hill will have his chance to shine, with this OL we should be able to pound the ball right at any defence we will face including bama i dont see why we just dont line up and say here we come get out of my way, play action pass bang should be singing rocky top alot this, fall with this big old line we should be able to keep the defence of the field, i know we are young but this line is one of the best in the country and the best i remember in my 42 years as a fan.

Backs like Hill are great to have in throughout the game.. can really wear a defense down. Glad to see he's showing out

Reactions: 3 people
I can't recall a Spring practice when the best runner of of the Spring didn't go unheard of the next season. I think it's because they don't want to hurt the guys who are going to be playing. I hope the Hill is the real deal.

Ain't it the truth? There's always a Kurston Biggers that pops up in the spring. Unfortunately, they always seem to be Kurston Biggers in the fall, too.

Ain't it the truth? There's always a Kurston Biggers that pops up in the spring. Unfortunately, they always seem to be Kurston Biggers in the fall, too.

He's not a freaking walk on. He was recruited by a ton of good/decent schools (including Michigan). He is not a 5'2" walk on that weighs 180 lbs. Let's quit comparing him to Kurston Biggers, or Roy Olasimbo, or Jaron Toney, or whatever. He is a hoss that is capable of great things if he works hard (which he has to this point).

Reactions: 3 people
Ya always hear the thunder before you see the lightening.

Try Try Again
by T. H. Palmer

'Tis a lesson you should heed,
If at first you don't succeed,
Try, try again;

Then your courage should appear,
For if you will persevere,
You will conquer, never fear
Try, try again;

Once or twice, though you should fail,
If you would at last prevail,
Try, try again;

If we strive, 'tis no disgrace
Though we do not win the race;
What should you do in the case?
Try, try again

If you find your task is hard,
Time will bring you your reward,
Try, try again

All that other folks can do,
Why, with patience, should not you?
Only keep this rule in view:
Try, try again.

Reactions: 1 person
I always look for nice posture, and sometimes game etiquette in a runningback.

He's not a freaking walk on. He was recruited by a ton of good/decent schools (including Michigan). He is not a 5'2" walk on that weighs 180 lbs. Let's quit comparing him to Kurston Biggers, or Roy Olasimbo, or Jaron Toney, or whatever. He is a hoss that is capable of great things if he works hard (which he has to this point).

I think you missed my point. Maybe you don't remember when Biggers was the sensation of spring practice several years back. Someone said we always seem to have a guy like that and his name came to mind. Not comparing him to Hill in any way, since the jury is still out on Hill. I was only mentioning Biggers as one of those guys the previous poster was talking about.

Hill is the type of back that can pound a defense. He is a big back exactly what we need to go will Neal and Lane.

Would be nice to have a power type back for forth and one situations. Last year, I called it forth and done. How many did we miss last year in those situtations.

Here's hoping we never see a fourth and one this year :salute::salute::salute:

I think you missed my point. Maybe you don't remember when Biggers was the sensation of spring practice several years back. Someone said we always seem to have a guy like that and his name came to mind. Not comparing him to Hill in any way, since the jury is still out on Hill. I was only mentioning Biggers as one of those guys the previous poster was talking about.

I didn't miss the point. I know what you were trying to say, but the spring chatter that we've always heard about undersized walk ons is not really comparable to spring chatter about a 219 lb hammer that was highly recruited out of highschool.

Reactions: 2 people
That's how my auto correct spelled it.

That's the problem with auto correct. It doesn't look at context before approving the spelling of a word. Both lightning and lightening are words, but they don't have the same meaning. Besides that, the speed of light will always be faster than the speed of sound, so lightning wins the race, too.

Ugh.... So true.

Sometime between 03-07 I think there was a kid the showed out every spring but rarely saw the field in the fall. Hard working kid who majored in Nuclear Engineering. Can't remember his name for some reason. I think it started with a Q.

Edit: David Yancy?

Yup. :yes:

He saw some special teams and garbage time minutes in games but that was it. Small but quick and hit the hole hard.

Would be nice to have a power type back for forth and one situations. Last year, I called it forth and done. How many did we miss last year in those situtations.

did we convert any i dont remember any surely we did but not many with this big OL and Hill plowing like a Moe good days are ahead.:)

The last time we had a RB with something to prove it was Arian foster. ... Todo bad he was proving his point in the NFL and not the SEC

Everytime the story comes on and hes knocking
Tennessee the whole time I kinda get mad at him. Instead of saying I had a bad year he blamed everything on others.

That's the problem with auto correct. It doesn't look at context before approving the spelling of a word. Both lightning and lightening are words, but they don't have the same meaning. Besides that, the speed of light will always be faster than the speed of sound, so lightning wins the race, too.

For you t be so smart apparently you can't read. I admitted it was wrong. Now move along and have a nice day.

VN Store

Back