Alden Hill looking good @ RB

That's the problem with auto correct. It doesn't look at context before approving the spelling of a word. Both lightning and lightening are words, but they don't have the same meaning. Besides that, the speed of light will always be faster than the speed of sound, so lightning wins the race, too.

Thanks Francis

I didn't miss the point. I know what you were trying to say, but the spring chatter that we've always heard about undersized walk ons is not really comparable to spring chatter about a 219 lb hammer that was highly recruited out of highschool.

Okay, fair enough. I'm still not sure why you're addressing that observation to me, since my post was not even about Hill.

Nonetheless, point taken. I hope Hill has a great career at UT, starting with the upcoming season.

"Without a doubt, Alden Hill has showed up huge this spring," quarterback Nathan Peterman said. "Y'all need to be talking about him the most. I was on scout team with him last year, and to see his improvement from last year to this year is unreal, really.

"I think it really comes down to his work ethic in the weight room. He's there every night, doing extra steps and getting his steps right and doing all his runs. I'm really proud of Alden and really happy for him, too."

Though he may lack breakaway speed, Hill is a bruiser who's shown an ability to run between the tackles and doesn't shy away from contact.

Hill earning notice as UT runner | timesfreepress.com

I've played basketball with him at the TRECs a few times. His cutting and speed are undefendable, and he's pretty damn strong.

Could use some work on his J but that doesn't matter on Saturdays.

He's a really approachable guy too.

If we can get Lane squared away. Neal, Lane and Hill would be a nice trio of backs to run behind our veteran O-line.

Yes he did! He ran like a beast his last year

Dude, even his FR year. Remember that rediculous TD against Cal in his 1st game? 2nd best UT run I can remember only behind Mose Phillips 9 tackle breaker vs USC. We'll maybe that Condredge Holloway v Cal too. Anyway. He was dealing with nagging injury so much, it held back a great one IMO. Healthy SR year was beast.

Ugh.... So true.

Sometime between 03-07 I think there was a kid the showed out every spring but rarely saw the field in the fall. Hard working kid who majored in Nuclear Engineering. Can't remember his name for some reason. I think it started with a Q.

Edit: David Yancy?

Quinton Hancock? The Jerry Rice of spring practice. Made a few plays on Saturdays, but was highly touted after every spring.

That's the problem with auto correct. It doesn't look at context before approving the spelling of a word. Both lightning and lightening are words, but they don't have the same meaning. Besides that, the speed of light will always be faster than the speed of sound, so lightning wins the race, too.

People that don't use auto correct can go to helk.

Don't need breakaway speed if he runs your ARSE over! Hard to catch a man when you laying on your back! Go Alden scores on the HILL!

:loco:

Tennesseeduke

Larry Csonka was one of the all-time greats. He would get into the open field and find someone to punish. No 75 yard runs, but three 25s with a WHUMP! at the end of each.

Ugh.... So true.

Sometime between 03-07 I think there was a kid the showed out every spring but rarely saw the field in the fall. Hard working kid who majored in Nuclear Engineering. Can't remember his name for some reason. I think it started with a Q.

Edit: David Yancy?

yeah he was Yancy, I remember when he ran all over everybody in the spring game & never saw the field

Bosgap?

When its third and 1 or fourth and a half of a yard, i would rather have that bruiser, than a back with 4.5 speed any day, and with this big old OL Hill will have his chance to shine, with this OL we should be able to pound the ball right at any defence we will face including bama i dont see why we just dont line up and say here we come get out of my way, play action pass bang should be singing rocky top alot this, fall with this big old line we should be able to keep the defence of the field, i know we are young but this line is one of the best in the country and the best i remember in my 42 years as a fan.

Good to see Hill rush for 100+ today. We're gonna need him this fall.

Reactions: 1 person
Butch Jones said he was really, really encouraged by Hill.

Not one really, but two. That's serious. :)

Reactions: 2 people
I was blown away by Hill's physicality. Our running game looked solid for an O&W game.

VN Store

Back