Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

So, nothing. She hitched her money to a famous crossfitter opening a gym. She's not a mogul
It was not claimed she was a mogul. Not even close. The claim was at least she did something in the private sector and, as you seem to confirm, she risked her money in a private venture. And gyms are pretty high risk in terms of their overall failure rate I believe.

It is possible that AOC did something in the private sector before being elected to Congress, but I'm unaware of anything.

I am not a fan of MTG as my posts this morning should confirm, but putting her down for some entrepreneurial effort seems about on par with her comment about the other person's eyelashes.

Curious as to what you think AOC embodies? And the moron that MTG went all trailer park on?
I would say AOC is a good deal less representative of the democratic party than MTG is of trumpism.

however

AOC to the Dem party is similar to MTG to the Repub party.

I think MTG perfectly highlights the difference between trumpism and what the republican party was pre trump.

Reactions: GroverCleveland
It was not claimed she was a mogul. Not even close. The claim was at least she did something in the private sector and, as you seem to confirm, she risked her money in a private venture. And gyms are pretty high risk in terms of their overall failure rate I believe.

It is possible that AOC did something in the private sector before being elected to Congress, but I'm unaware of anything.

I am not a fan of MTG as my posts this morning should confirm, but putting her down for some entrepreneurial effort seems about on par with her comment about the other person's eyelashes.
The money most likely came from a business she was handed by her father. The link provided also lists accomplishments that happened after she left or sold. Can you really claim success for a business you have no input on?

The money most likely came from a business she was handed by her father. The link provided also lists accomplishments that happened after she left or sold. Can you really claim success for a business you have no input on?
Capital is an input. Sounds like she put in capital. Don't really care what the source of it was as it was hers when she made the investment. I have been involved in and know a fair number of people who invest in things they have very little input into other than capital. I see no reason for not claiming those as successful inputs.

To clarify, I am talking about small businesses, which it sounds like her investment was. It would be absolutely silly of me to claim success for Amazon.

Again, I don't like her but your criticism appears to be based on politics and nothing more substantial.

Capital is an input. Sounds like she put in capital. Don't really care what the source of it was as it was hers when she made the investment. I have been involved in and know a fair number of people who invest in things they have very little input into other than capital. I see no reason for not claiming those as successful inputs.

To clarify, I am talking about small businesses, which it sounds like her investment was. It would be absolutely silly of me to claim success for Amazon.

Again, I don't like her but your criticism appears to be based on politics and nothing more substantial.
No it's based on her claims of success based on things that happened after she left. It's also her trying to milk the businesswoman angle who is really a stretched identity. She also never shown to be anything but a complete moron during her time in politics and her constituents should be embarrassed.

No it's based on her claims of success based on things that happened after she left. It's also her trying to milk the businesswoman angle who is really a stretched identity. She also never shown to be anything but a complete moron during her time in politics and her constituents should be embarrassed.
Again, your criticism seems based primarily based on your dislike of her politics, not because of any rational analysis.

Perhaps you have additional information not shared on her business endeavors you have not shared. I confess I know little about her except from reading the link; of which you have criticized the primary claims contained within it. Maybe her bio is, as you claim, complete hogwash.

But it seems she did not, after all, spend her post-graduate career as a political operative and activist. Stone her.

Again, your criticism seems based primarily based on your dislike of her politics, not because of any rational analysis.

Perhaps you have additional information not shared on her business endeavors you have not shared. I confess I know little about her except from reading the link; of which you have criticized the primary claims contained within it. Maybe her bio is, as you claim, complete hogwash.

But it seems she did not, after all, spend her post-graduate career as a political operative and activist. Stone her.
So you accuse me of political bias but actually have no clue if the claims are true or false? That seems like a well researched position. Guess you got me

It appears she spent her post grad living off daddy. No wonder she's so maga

I'm not sure I would call that a work of art.

But for me, MTG is the embodiment of trumpism,

Notice how unaffected you are by Crockett's use of an ad hominem attack "butch". It's only when Republicans use such language. It tells you Crockett is a fake unless it was useful in smearing the other side. I personally have no issue with Crockett using "butch", but apparently you don't either until it appears you can be upset for an advantage.

Last edited:
Notice how unaffected your are by Crockett's use of an ad hominem attack "butch". It's only when Republicans use such language. It tells you Crockett is a fake unless it was useful in smearing the other side. I personally have no issue with Crockett using "butch", but apparently you don't either until it appears you can be upset for an advantage.
I thought her use of the term "butch" was wrong.
MTG is complete trash....there were far better ways for Crockett to highlight that point than to become trashy herself.

But taking the exchange in its entirety, nobody walks away looking anywhere near as horrendously despicable as does MTG.

Once again, she shines her light brightly on trumpism.

Last edited:
So you accuse me of political bias but actually have no clue if the claims are true or false? That seems like a well researched position. Guess you got me

It appears she spent her post grad living off daddy. No wonder she's so maga
I have made no claim whatsoever! You are the one with claims seemingly composed of absolutely nothing but your opinion. In fact, I said "I confess I know little about her except from reading the link" followed by pointing out that you have made claims without one single shred of evidence as to their veracity.. And is the "maga" supposed to be a pejorative? You do realize what that acronym is, right?

You made claims about the link that was posted. I simply pointed out that logically, one cannot reach the conclusions you seem to make based on the posted link. You are apparently drawing conclusions out of mid-air, or where the sun doesn't shine, and then complain someone else has not done their research. I even offered you an opportunity by saying perhaps you have information to which the rest of us are not privy.

This is really easy to get out of: just say, "I'm a partisan dumbass and have formed my opinion that MTG, regardless of any evidence to the contrary, is a worthless piece of human garbage and has no redeeming qualities." It is much more brief and gets to the point much quicker than the inane arguments (I'm being charitable!) made to this point.

Reactions: VAVol85
I have made no claim whatsoever! You are the one with claims seemingly composed of absolutely nothing but your opinion. In fact, I said "I confess I know little about her except from reading the link" followed by pointing out that you have made claims without one single shred of evidence as to their veracity.. And is the "maga" supposed to be a pejorative? You do realize what that acronym is, right?

You made claims about the link that was posted. I simply pointed out that logically, one cannot reach the conclusions you seem to make based on the posted link. You are apparently drawing conclusions out of mid-air, or where the sun doesn't shine, and then complain someone else has not done their research. I even offered you an opportunity by saying perhaps you have information to which the rest of us are not privy.

This is really easy to get out of: just say, "I'm a partisan dumbass and have formed my opinion that MTG, regardless of any evidence to the contrary, is a worthless piece of human garbage and has no redeeming qualities." It is much more brief and gets to the point much quicker than the inane arguments (I'm being charitable!) made to this point.
You don't need to be partisan nor a dumbass to conclude that MTG is mostly a piece of human garbage with no redeeming qualities.

But you do have to be a partisan dumbass to avoid reaching that conclusion.

I thought her use of the term "butch" was wrong.
MTG is complete trash....there were far better ways for Crockett to highlight that point than to become trashy herself.

But taking the exchange in its entirety, nobody walks away looking anywhere near as horrendously despicable as does MTG.

Once again, she shines her light brightly on trumpism.

You say that like it's objective statements....absolutes.

VN Store

Back