All of Volnation is focused on NICO!

While Nico is having his coming out party I have to give credit to Milton. No one seems happier for Nico than he is. He is mentoring him like a champ. To me that is a really solid sign of a healthy team dynamic when the older journeyman is building up the young stud.

While Nico is having his coming out party I have to give credit to Milton. No one seems happier for Nico than he is. He is mentoring him like a champ. To me that is a really solid sign of a healthy team dynamic when the older journeyman is building up the young stud.
Milton grooming him with tips on running and passing. I bet he wishes he was playing. What would happen if Milton suited up at half time and entered the game ?

Would be nice if Nico had some pass protection from his OL.
You making a funny ? A few times he's been flushed, but many times he's standing still looking for an open guy, ---I'm expecting a flag to be thrown any second cause the line can't keep holding the rush that long. But overall, he's played good, especially when Iowa is supposed to be a defense team.

Sideline announcer Kayla Burton looking like a snack. Is she trying to catch Nico's attention?

Reactions: rocytop2624
Question everyone should be asking is why Nico sat on the bench all year in favor of Bazooka Joe.
Nothing we see today says that Joe is better at anything than Nico. Okay take that back. Joe is better at over throwing receivers by twenty yards while talking trash and losing. He is better at that.

Question everyone should be asking is why Nico sat on the bench all year in favor of Bazooka Joe.
Nothing we see today says that Joe is better at anything than Nico. Okay take that back. Joe is better at over throwing receivers by twenty yards while talking trash and losing. He is better at that.
Stupid comment

Let's temper our expectations a bit by looking at the facts. We have a true freshman QB starting against a 10 win team with a top 5 defense.

A best case scenarios is he "lights it up" and wins by 14 or more points. A more realistic scenario would be there are limited turnovers, 200 yards passing, and Tennessee wins a close game. I'll take that outcome all day long.

It's also very possible we have a good true freshman QB that doesn't win and maybe doesn't look great against a very good team. The first few games Manning played he definitely did not look like a world beater. Freshman QBs struggling against a good teams, well, that happens a lot and it doesn't mean he won't become a great QB in his time here.
So we did better than your best case scenario. Like, 35 points better.

Man, you gotta start believing at some point. The Vols are back. For good.

Go Vols!

Let the kid be a freshman. These ridiculously overhyped expectations are useless to all of us and especially him. The desperation is floating through the air like volcanic debris.

However, not much about this bowl game today will impact next season. Much like last year's bowl game meant zippo for this season.
It's confidence, not desperation. Stop setting the bar so low for our great young players.

Go Vols!

Nico was who he was today because he had the luxury of a full season learning as the #2 guy.

He would not have looked like this in September.

Josh & Joey Halzle brought Nico along masterfully. And he showed it today.

Stop trying to rally a pitchfork brigade. Josh Heupel is a championship head coach, and he's ours for decades to come.

Go Vols!

Nico looked good today for his first full game. His timing will get better. He held the ball some today a little too long. But that will be fixed this summer. It is gonna be nice to have a legitimate dual threat QB. the running backs looked good today. The D was huge today. Iowa is not an offensive juggernaut, and the D made sure of it. Big Orange did not lay an egg. Nice "W" for the team.

Reactions: volfeeva

VN Store

Back