Almost exactly three years ago today...

stephenk24

Back after a long nap
I watched my first Vols game (2010 Vols vs Cats on SEC website) and became a fan instantly. :rock:

Can't wait for my third season as a Volunteers fan and as a part of this community. We may have laid an egg each of the past two years, but I have and will forever stick by this glorious team.

The more Vols I watch, the more I learn, the more I want to watch the Vols and the prouder I become.

I may not have much in the way of personal connections to Tennessee aside from my friend who talked me into watching a Vols game, but I feel nervous and giddy before each game. I wish I was born/lived in Knoxville!!! :banghead2:

Can't wait for the season to start, thanks for being such an awesome and welcoming bunch of people, lots of fun to chat to and talk trash with, making me support the Vols even more closely.

Next stop - BOWL GAME!!! Third time lucky eh?:good!:

GO VOLS!

Reactions: 67 people
I'm sure you've already explained this somewhere, but how did you become a Vols fan?

Just a few times lol.

Was at a wedding three years ago and got chatting to a couple of Americans - one happened to be a Vols fan. I was already researching College Ball, was origionally going to try out supporting Wisconsin because of my many Packer connections or texas, because I had seen em on TV a couple of times. Anyway, he convinced me to give the Vols a shot - told me about their history/traditions and so I watched a game on the net before the season started.

For some reason it just clicked, just like with my other teams. Something about the Orange brah! I'm not sure if I picked them now, thinking about it - I think the Vols picked me, by sending a grad over the pond to convince me.:birgits_giggle:

Reactions: 23 people
Can you watch games live there? If so, how?

ESPN show games on TV here, they also have a subscription service called ESPN player.

I basically pay £17.99 a month during the CF season to see every Vols game, plus the big ones on demand, because the Vols are rarely on tv here because they have no following.

You mostly get Michigan, Texas, Alabama, Florida and ND games here plus some random others.

Reactions: 2 people
Just a few times lol.

Was at a wedding three years ago and got chatting to a couple of Americans - one happened to be a Vols fan. I was already researching College Ball, was origionally going to try out supporting Wisconsin because of my many Packer connections or texas, because I had seen em on TV a couple of times. Anyway, he convinced me to give the Vols a shot - told me about their history/traditions and so I watched a game on the net before the season started.

For some reason it just clicked, just like with my other teams. Something about the Orange brah! I'm not sure if I picked them now, thinking about it - I think the Vols picked me, by sending a grad over the pond to convince me.:birgits_giggle:
That's cool. So when are you going to make it over to a home game? :good!:

That's cool. So when are you going to make it over to a home game? :good!:

I'm hoping next year. It depends on if the Packers are playing nearby when the Vols are playing a home game, because I will go with my dad and he isn't interested at all in seeing the Vols.

We're happy to have you! Unfortunately, you started following the program at its worst point in history. Times used to be much better, but hopefully we will get back to winning over the next few years.

man that is impressive that you can suffer through the worst seasons in over 100 years and not burn the adoption papers.

I watched my first Vols game (2010 Vols vs Cats on SEC website) and became a fan instantly. :rock:

Can't wait for my third season as a Volunteers fan and as a part of this community. We may have laid an egg each of the past two years, but I have and will forever stick by this glorious team.

The more Vols I watch, the more I learn, the more I want to watch the Vols and the prouder I become.

I may not have much in the way of personal connections to Tennessee aside from my friend who talked me into watching a Vols game, but I feel nervous and giddy before each game. I wish I was born/lived in Knoxville!!! :banghead2:

Can't wait for the season to start, thanks for being such an awesome and welcoming bunch of people, lots of fun to chat to and talk trash with, making me support the Vols even more closely.

GO VOLS!

Cool man! Glad you picked the good guys.

GO VOLS![/QUOTE
I have been blessed for 43 years as a big orange fan, keeps getting better every year.

VN Store

Back