An assistant AD let go

#1fulmerite

Only losers dislike winners

According to article, she had been to several schools and worked her way up however, it also says they. “Mutually” agreed for her to leave for professional development.

What does that mean, exactly?

According to article, she had been to several schools and worked her way up however, it also says they. “Mutually” agreed for her to leave for professional development.

"In professional development discussions with Monica over the summer, we realized that the next best step for her career growth was to seek new opportunities and challenges outside the University of Tennessee Athletics Department."

When you see that kind of language, at least in my experience, that's a very polite way of showing someone the door but not tossing them under the bus.

Polite but also direct way of saying this person didn't meet expectation and is being managed out. This is 10x better than "She's retiring" or "Stepping down" or no explanation.

"In professional development discussions with Monica over the summer, we realized that the next best step for her career growth was to seek new opportunities and challenges outside the University of Tennessee Athletics Department."

When you see that kind of language, at least in my experience, that's a very polite way of showing someone the door but not tossing them under the bus.
In the education world, that’s a nice way of saying “they’re not very good educators”. So I take it as them saying “she’s not a very good administrator”.

One of the many reasons the academics loathe the Athletics Dept. is that it is the last vestige of the free market left at the university. Folks there are the only ones on campus that can be dismissed for substandard performance. It tends to produce a focus on success.

The double-domes live in terror that the State Legislature might figure this out and hold them to that same standard.

One of the many reasons the academics loathe the Athletics Dept. is that it is the last vestige of the free market left at the university. Folks there are the only ones on campus that can be dismissed for substandard performance. It tends to produce a focus on success.

The double-domes live in terror that the State Legislature might figure this out and hold them to that same standard.
The notion that any athletics department is a functioning meritocracy is laughable. In my experience there’s only degrees of dysfunction.

Ours is less dysfunctional than it was, but still far from the tallest midget. Danny White is still working on it, but I hate to see this development. She has a lot of ability.

I’ve met Lebron, and she makes a great impression. She strikes me as someone who thrives on advancement. Her background is really strong and includes a Yale undergraduate degree as a varsity softball player and a long stint at Tulane with Troy Dannen who just got hired at Washington.

My thought is she might be angling for a move up the ladder at UDub or Tulane and might have got out over her ski tips in that regard. I hope it works out for her!

The notion that any athletics department is a functioning meritocracy is laughable. In my experience there’s only degrees of dysfunction.

Ours is less dysfunctional than it was, but still far from the tallest midget. Danny White is still working on it, but I hate to see this development. She has a lot of ability.

I’ve met Lebron, and she makes a great impression. She strikes me as someone who thrives on advancement. Her background is really strong and includes a Yale undergraduate degree as a varsity softball player and a long stint at Tulane with Troy Dannen who just got hired at Washington.

My thought is she might be angling for a move up the ladder at UDub or Tulane and might have got out over her ski tips in that regard. I hope it works out for her!
All relative. Athletics in comparison to academia.

Petrino lured her to Arkansas.

It means she's leaving

Tennessee and Athletic Director Danny White are set to hire former Auburn AD Allen Green to a role as the Vols’ Senior Deputy AD.

Green served as Auburn’s AD from 2018-2022. He went to Ole Miss immediately following in the same role he was hired to Tennessee on Thursday.

Reactions: ERvolsfan

Of course the first thought is she isn't cutting it; however, after looking at her education (PhD), experience and age, I would think she wants to move up and Danny isn't going anywhere. I wish her luck. She did a great job with the "give my all" program.

I read this as "Lazy as hell".
Could be any number of things. She’s been at this level at several stops so I doubt lazy is it. Could be she didn’t fit with the culture. Could be that White just felt like he wanted someone else. Could also be that she pissed off a booster or another administrative higher up.

Of course the first thought is she isn't cutting it; however, after looking at her education (PhD), experience and age, I would think she wants to move up and Danny isn't going anywhere. I wish her luck. She did a great job with the "give my all" program.
And this also could’ve overplayed her hand here and White may think she needs to be kicked out of the nest where she can fly or crash and burn elsewhere.

VN Store

Back