An assistant AD let go

I’d like to think that maybe she’s the one they threw under the bus because Dolly couldn’t be heard over the PA system. New PA system project + Dolly embarrassed = Turnover in athletic department.

I wrote this as a joke, but the more I read it.. Yeah, someone had to take the fall for Dolly.

(Please read this a an attempt at humor)

that PA system has been horrible for years and they can't get around to correct it. i've always said that the UT administration is a microcosm of the federal gov.

Monica was a very bad fit at UT. An elitist part-black woman from an Ivy League school that never has learned Southern culture, even though she's been at 3 different SEC schools now. Allen Greene is a huge upgrade over her. Good riddance to someone who was woke, but wound up being cancelled herself.

Allen is a good family man, smart, has high character, & is loyal, all of the qualities Monica didn't have. He is a welcome addition to White's athletic administration, while she won't be missed. Unfortunately, they kept her on the payroll thru the end of the year. She should have just been dismissed with a clean break from her. She never belonged here.

Monica was a very bad fit at UT. An elitist part-black woman from an Ivy League school that never has learned Southern culture, even though she's been at 3 different SEC schools now. Allen Greene is a huge upgrade over her. Good riddance to someone who was woke, but wound up being cancelled herself.

Allen is a good family man, smart, has high character, & is loyal, all of the qualities Monica didn't have. He is a welcome addition to White's athletic administration, while she won't be missed. Unfortunately, they kept her on the payroll thru the end of the year. She should have just been dismissed with a clean break from her. She never belonged here.
Thanks for chiming in, Danny...!

Reactions: NetworkVol
Thanks for chiming in, Danny...!
My post was a criticism of Danny for hiring Monica in the first place. No one liked her on The Hill. He should have recognized that, since he had employed her previously at UCF. She was a bad apple that never should have been given the job at UT. Greene, on the other hand, got the shaft at Auburn, after he made a bad hire in Harsin there. However, he will fit in at UT much better than Monica ever did or could or would.

My intervention comes from a place of love: You are a provincial simpleton from the nineteenth century, and all the Jimmy Dean sausage in the works won’t cure you.

Reactions: onthehill71
It’s borderline ridiculous that almost every post in this thread is derogatory and presumes she did something nefarious or at least substandard. She’s a highly professional woman and a very innovative thinker who will succeed wherever she goes. Her trajectory here was not what she wanted, and there were instances where her process did not align with our “culture”. That happens. She’s been promoted frequently at every stop and will probably be an AD at some point, just not here.

Might want to be nice. If she gets an AD position somewhere else, she might end up on the CFP committee.

VN Store

Back