Analyst calls Trey Smith "overrated" and shouldn't be awarded a contract extension...

who wrote that garbage:

There's a "man-bun" back there...

9db52f84-321d-4a75-916e-3e929946d479-png.564315

There's a "man-bun" back there...

Let em cut him loose. Line forms to the left...or in this case, the right. Posted yesterday that I could see the Cowboys target him with a big payday if 32 year old Zack Martin plays hardball on fulfilling the last two years of his contract. They understandably will prioritize Creed Humphrey...best center in football. But this joker has Trey as the FIFTH BEST OL ON THE CHIEFS? Second at worst and that close. He's far superior to the opposing OG, Thuney and Donovan Smith at LT is a journeyman. They have a lot invested in Taylor at RT, but could target a RT in the draft and move Taylor to the blind side. As another poster stated, they remember what a mediocre OL looks like and fixed it mostly overnight in one draft by drafting Humphrey in the 2nd and Trey in the 6th. Something about gift horses and mouths and looking.

Got a couple of minutes on my hands…Question: Why do we care so much about what these “journalists” say…about anything? Just curious. They MUST write about something…quite often …daily…and this demand leads to silly stuff like this.
WE as a collective entity don’t. Individuals do. Hence the comments to which YOU are reacting.

I guess I can understand his general point. They are paying their OL a lot of money already, and you simply can't pay everyone what they're worth. Paying top dollar to a G probably isn't they most efficient use of their remaining payroll.

But man, he sure did a piss poor job of explaining it that way. I'm not even sure how a late round Guard can be considered "overrated."

I guess I can understand his general point. They are paying their OL a lot of money already, and you simply can't pay everyone what they're worth. Paying top dollar to a G probably isn't they most efficient use of their remaining payroll.

But man, he sure did a piss poor job of explaining it that way. I'm not even sure how a late round Guard can be considered "overrated."
He’s rated pretty highly by those who’ve watched him PLAY.

IF you read the whole thing he does make clear that he means it in the context of the KC oline. His stance is that if it was another team of course he deserves the bag but he sees him as the 5th best lineman on the team.. not bad just surrounded by, in his opinion, better players. KC does have a really elite oline and Trey was the statistically weakest link in pass blocking which seemed to be the only focus of this analyst. He definitely could not argue his run-blocking was weak. In a way, it makes sense because pass blocking is a lot more technical than run blocking and Trey is a young lineman. He will improve as time goes on.

VN Store

Back