ANOTHER Georgia Player arrested for reckless driving

It is time to start comparing Kirby’s Georgia program to the Florida Gators under Urban Meyer. Completely out of control.
I am willing to say that Georgia is worst than Florida right now. Sure, there aren't any killers like Aaron Hernandez, but speeding can lead to deaths. Remember the accident that happened recently? In my view, Georgia is worst and more thuggish than Florida ever was. A legit comparison is between Georgia and Miami of early 80s. I believe Georgia wins hands down. Quite possibly the new "The U".

I am willing to say that Georgia is worst than Florida right now. Sure, there aren't any killers like Aaron Hernandez, but speeding can lead to deaths. Remember the accident that happened recently? In my view, Georgia is worst and more thuggish than Florida ever was. A legit comparison is between Georgia and Miami of early 80s. I believe Georgia wins hands down. Quite possibly the new "The U".

You really think Kirby Smart cares about thuggish behavior?

Same guy that used to coach under Saban who defended his own player assaulting a female student.

Both are slime balls.

Ok. Now THAT should get the VolDawgs out in force.

Cue justification and passive aggressive digs at their own claimed team in 5......4. .. 3......2... 1.....

Kirby’s response to all of this was pretty bad. When asked about punishments he said, “the players know the punishment”

I mean what is that???

Reactions: WillisWG
Kirby’s response to all of this was pretty bad. When asked about punishments he said, “the players know the punishment”

I mean what is that???
I can understand how you might interpret this comment from Kirby in a negative light, but honestly, what should he have said when asked about punishment? To me it kinda sounds like he is saying my players know what’s coming if they do something stupid or dangerous that reflects badly on the team. If it continues, I’m feeling confident that he will adjust accordingly.

I don’t think it should be public knowledge how coaches decide to discipline their players. I’m pretty sure CJH would likely have the same attitude as Kirby in a similar publicized situation. Coaches certainly need to lead and discipline, but they also have to look out for their players. There is no excuse for doing something like this, but I assume he is trying to handle it responsibly.

I can understand how you might interpret this comment from Kirby in a negative light, but honestly, what should he have said when asked about punishment? To me it kinda sounds like he is saying my players know what’s coming if they do something stupid or dangerous that reflects badly on the team. If it continues, I’m feeling confident that he will adjust accordingly.

I don’t think it should be public knowledge how coaches decide to discipline their players. I’m pretty sure CJH would likely have the same attitude as Kirby in a similar publicized situation. Coaches certainly need to lead and discipline, but they also have to look out for their players. There is no excuse for doing something like this, but I assume he is trying to handle it responsibly.

Nice defense. It's actually refreshing to see an actual uga fan doing the justification rather than a VolDawg. That said, naah, I dont buy it. Flowbee McSupercuts is a product of the Saban Machine. Just like Slingblade. And I would have expected a BS answer like this from Slingblade. Obfuscate and bluster with meaningless statements and the press will dutifully move on. And dont worry, they will. But dont try and make Kirby into some paragon of virtue, and dont even f-ing try and compare his ethics with Heupel.

Nice defense. It's actually refreshing to see an actual uga fan doing the justification rather than a VolDawg. That said, naah, I dont buy it. Flowbee McSupercuts is a product of the Saban Machine. Just like Slingblade. And I would have expected a BS answer like this from Slingblade. Obfuscate and bluster with meaningless statements and the press will dutifully move on. And dont worry, they will. But dont try and make Kirby into some paragon of virtue, and dont even f-ing try and compare his ethics with Heupel.
You might be right. I assume you are referencing Karl from Sling Blade. If not, apologies as your reference went over my head or I missed it. My relating analogy of this movie would be the Occam’s Razor one. You know, “It ain’t got no gas in it.” Meaning to your point, it’s just a simple deflection in hopes of diffusion.

In any event, I wasn’t trying to cast shade on CJH. I think he is a fine coach. Perhaps he would handle the question differently. But honestly, how do you think it should have been answered?

You might be right. I assume you are referencing Karl from Sling Blade. If not, apologies as your reference went over my head or I missed it. My relating analogy of this movie would be the Occam’s Razor one. You know, “It ain’t got no gas in it.” Meaning to your point, it’s just a simple deflection in hopes of diffusion.

In any event, I wasn’t trying to cast shade on CJH. I think he is a fine coach. Perhaps he would handle the question differently. But honestly, how do you think it should have been answered?

How about explaining what disciplinary actions they are taking to ensure it doesn’t happen anymore?

He's talking about Pruitt

Recency bias. You're sore about your most recent ass-whippin

A reasoned reply. Thanks. And the Slingblade reference has already been explained. Kirby has established his rep in the discipline area, and it very Sabanesque. Something more like "the alleged behavior falls far below what we expect and demand here at the University of X, and it will be thoroughly investigated and the appropriate punishments imposed. " would have been helpful.

Kirby's answer gave a sense that this will be simply swept under the rug....wink wink nod nod.

As Slingblades sleepy reply to the Knoxville police call said volumes. Kirby is just following the Saban playbook.

Reactions: Nerwen Aldarion
Is it common for coaches to make public how they discipline their players?
I’d say it’s warranted when multiple repeated incidents of reckless speeding and racing have occurred including one that took two lives.

I just don’t think a “trust us, we got this” is going to cover it. There’s no indication that they are taking this seriously or doing anything different than before.

A reasoned reply. Thanks. And the Slingblade reference has already been explained. Kirby has established his rep in the discipline area, and it very Sabanesque. Something more like "the alleged behavior falls far below what we expect and demand here at the University of X, and it will be thoroughly investigated and the appropriate punishments imposed. " would have been helpful.

Kirby's answer gave a sense that this will be simply swept under the rug....wink wink nod nod.

As Slingblades sleepy reply to the Knoxville police call said volumes. Kirby is just following the Saban playbook.
Yeah, I can see how a response like you’ve given would have been much more appropriate than a brush off. Hopefully Kirby is making changes if needed. I can’t completely deny that it’s possible they are warranted. Winning is great, but it’s much more important to look out for your players best interest. I will admit that a better response would give me more confidence if I had a son playing.

I’d say it’s warranted when multiple repeated incidents of reckless speeding and racing have occurred including one that took two lives.

I just don’t think a “trust us, we got this” is going to cover it. There’s no indication that they are taking this seriously or doing anything different than before.
Yeah, I now see your point. The response could have been better. I’m afraid I wasn’t seeing the whole picture.

Reactions: KptVFL
None of you must drive through Knoxville. All of you all in here are guilty IMO. If you're in the fast lane on 40 doing 80 the people behind you are wondering why you're not doing 90. Heck, yall are doing 80 through the narrow 55mph 2 lane construction site on 640. Stop worrying about GA kids and police your own place.

None of you must drive through Knoxville. All of you all in here are guilty IMO. If you're in the fast lane on 40 doing 80 the people behind you are wondering why you're not doing 90. Heck, yall are doing 80 through the narrow 55mph 2 lane construction site on 640. Stop worrying about GA kids and police your own place.

Keeping up with the flow of traffic is ENTIRELY different than blowing 40 miles over the limit and drag racing

When just had a teammate and athletic employee die and then supposedly get deemed by the coach you would think it would have some effect. But nope.

VN Store

Back