antonio foster

Yep, 3 stars. Got the size that you need to pack on a little more muscle and be a good one for us.

I think that generally if you are getting at least 3 star linemen you are doing pretty good.

The two best OL's were 3*.

Foster and Parker were given a 5.5 rating... which is barely 3*. Foster was ranked the 41st OT. Parker was 40th OG. Both were good enough to merit draft projections as JR's.

After looking at Sentimore, Holmes, Cathey, Gaines, Davenport, and Foster... this kid definitely looks the quickest. Whoever said he might be a potential DT might have been on to something.

The two best OL's were 3*.

Foster and Parker were given a 5.5 rating... which is barely 3*. Foster was ranked the 41st OT. Parker was 40th OG. Both were good enough to merit draft projections as JR's.

Right. I'm not saying that 4 and 5 star players for the OL are bad, I'm just saying that three star linemen can turn out just as good. Some of the five star OL may be able to contribute earlier than the three stars guys as a general rule.

True, it's a valid point. Did I hear he's expected to commit at our camp? When are we having another camp?

He wants to pull the trigger for Tennessee but wants his mom to come up and see first. If she likes it, he's a Vol!!

ANTONIOFOSTER2_11150.JPG

Offensive tackle
Valdosta (GA) Valdosta

Ht: 6-foot-4
Wt: 285 lbs
Forty: 5 secs
Bench max: 315 pounds
Squat max: 505 pounds
Vertical: 29 inches
Class: 2009 (High School)

OL Antonio Foster (6-4 290) of Valdosta, GA recently picked up an offer from USC. "I've been emailing coach Hunt," Foster said. "He's showing serious interest." Foster also has offers from South Florida, Central Florida, Miami, Florida State, Florida, Georgia Tech, Indiana, Michigan State, Oklahoma State and Alabama. Right now, Foster considers Florida, Georgia Tech and Miami as his top three with USC fourth on the list. He attended Florida's spring game and went to a spring practice at Georgia Tech. Foster, who plays left tackle, said he plans on making a decision sometime during the summer.

7/2

Tennessee leads South Carolina, GT, and USF.

he's a medium ranked 3 star.. I can deal with that, especially since he's an 0-lineman, which are the hardest to rank overall..
he's got good size and quickness for a Guard in college

He seems to be the most highly rated of our OL class so far. Think he'll be better than Revis, Schofield, and Phillips?

Nice recruit.. Here is ESPN's take on him:
"Foster is a very solid offensive lineman that can play either tackle or guard. He has a good frame and carries his weight well. Does a good job of using his hands in all phases of offensive line play. When run blocking he gets his hands on the defensive player immediately and gives a jarring blow delivery. In pass protection, stops the pass rusher with initial punch making him restart. The only thing needed is to lock on to the defender in the run game so he can't get off the block and pursue to the football. Comes off the line of scrimmage low and hard for a big man; keeps a good base and leverage on the base block. Most of the time follows the initial contact with good leg drive getting movement at the point of attack. Technically sound when pulling and trapping; mobile for a big lineman and has no trouble getting turned upfield finding linebackers. Alert to blitzer when pulling and is strong enough to level the opposition. Devastating blocker when double teaming; knocks defender off the line and is athletic enough to chip off for a second level player. Shows agility and effort getting downfield on screen passes and takes pride in picking up an extra block. Foster is a very good offensive lineman that can be a good run blocker and excel in pass protection. He has a great motor and is very technique conscious."

Kid isn't rated super highly, but his coaches say he is the best OL they've ever coached (that includes Chris Scott and Anthony Parker). I'd say they might know what they are talking about.

HV....I think you are talking about Andre Harris that is an Auburn commitment. He went to loevjoy..the same school as Chris Scott...not Foster

Has a new highlight video on rivals. Looks like a really good guard prospect. Has real good feet and can move.

VN Store

Back