Any and All Questions about A&M

You know one of the most famouse Texans lived only 50 miles down State Highway 30 from College Station Texas and was Gov. of Tennesee.

Sam Houston!
0003_Sam_Houston-50.jpg

Originally posted by Texansfan@Dec 12, 2004 1:53 AM
You know one of the most famouse Texans lived only 50 miles down State Highway 30 from College Station Texas and was Gov. of Tennesee.

Sam Houston!
0003_Sam_Houston-50.jpg

hlcrockett.gif
Another great hero of Texas was from Tennesee. Davey Crockett.

Originally posted by 12thMan+Dec 12, 2004 6:01 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (12thMan @ Dec 12, 2004 6:01 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Volstorm@Dec 12, 2004 2:04 AM
He was a Tennesseean first.

True, but he was PRESIDENT of the Republic of Texas. :good: [/quote]
Then it just goes to show that Texans&#39; roots are in Tennessee. In fact, the whole backstory of the Volunteer is tied to Texas. The first Volunteer Army raised in TN was by Andrew "Old Hickory" Jackson, in the War of 1812, to defend New Orleans. However, the title didn&#39;t TRULY stick until so many Tennesseans came to the aid of Texans in their war with Mexico.

Sam Houston was a Tennessee Volunteer. Davey Crockett was a Tennessee Volunteer. Anyone who forgets those facts... sad.

back in 83 I worked in Texas awhile...I was landscaping a timeshare I had contracted, nw of ft worth little lake town called bridgeport. I gotta say the whole time there(about 6 months)I only met friendly hard workin decent people. The night before we packed up and left they threw us a green chili and beer shindig. A whole pickup truck bed full of beer n ice...hottest chili I ever ate....fried rattlesnake, it was great. Also went to billybobs in ft worth and when the barkeep found out we were from Tennessee he said our &#036; was no good there...drank free beer all evenin. I felt compelled to toast Davy Crockett and the volunteers with the 1st beer.

VN Store

Back