Any Recommendations

If your air bnb is literally downtown, I wouldn't drive to the stadium. Leave the car downtown and walk to campus across the World's Fair Park area. On a normal day the drive is usually about 5-10 minutes from downtown to Neyland Stadium. On game day it will be way longer than walking and you'll still most likely park a long way from the gates.

As for places to eat right downtown there is an amazing amount of choice and variety. JC Holdway (farm to table), Chesapeakes (seafood), Nama Sushi, Cru Bistro (American), Calhoun's on the River, Emilia's (fresh Italian), Sweet P's (bar bq), Stock & Barrel ( up scale burgers), Cafe 4, Tomato Head, Not Watsons and Tupelo Honey are all very good and in the middle of downtown with the exception of Calhoun's which is just down the river from the stadium. A few of the favorite downtown bars are Clancy's Tavern and Whiskey House (Irish), The Kerns Library (in the Oliver Hotel), Preservation Pub, Downtown Grill and Brewery, and the Bistro at the Bijou. Some other favorite Knoxville restaurants worth considering out of downtown are Naples Italian, Bistro by the Tracks, Copper Cellar, Smoky Mountain Grill and Brewery, Ye Olde Steakhouse, Littons and Connors. Of course there are lots of other places including a number of local brewers.

I hope you have fun!
This post should be stickied somewhere.

I've been waiting for this moment since I was a kid.. I am going to my first vols game in Knoxville first game of the year against Georgia State with my wife.. We are sitting Lower Level Z11 Row 2...It will be our first time in Knoxville any of you have any recommendations? any nice "hole in the wall" type places to go or something we should see our first time being there. Any help is much appreciated, no help is fine as well..

My seats are Z11 as well. Go to circle park...lots of great spots for the Vol walk and you can find a good spot.

Reactions: 309VFL
There is so much of it he traditional stuff gone, I miss Ramseys at this point.

What was the one at the bottom of the hill right before the Kappa Sig house - Good Times Deli? They had good chow as well, as did Hymie's at Shelbourne Shithole. I worked at the Tap Room for a little while when I was in school in 1980, and on break you could go next door and eat at OCI - was good also.

My favorite for Barbecue is Dead End. They have a few locations, not really next to the stadium but a good Sunday lunch or supper.

Just a guess and no problem with eagle for doing so, they should be proud!
But guessing he/she is a POTS member, former member or maybe have a child who is.
I think they were just using the best video of POTS, not the walk or atmosphere.

Whenever someone asks for advice, there's usually 2 or 3 posters that mention the band several times. And show them off a little.
Once again, no problem. You can just tell the sense of pride and that's cool.

Actually, I have no connection to the POTS Band at all. I'm just an old school (Class of 1980) Alumni who loves all things Tennessee and our Traditions. I just chose this video from last year because it showed the route that the band marches to the stadium now for the Salute to the Hill.

Reactions: chargervol
I've been taken as a kid at first and then traveling to Knoxville frequently since the early 1960s. It's hard to find a bad meal in that town anywhere IMO. There have been times I'd sell my soul for some of Peros spaghetti from back in the day.

Take the elevator up to top of worlds fair sun sphere in the park. There are lots of great spots to eat downtown now, but a cool little thing the night before the game....there is a speak easy in the alley beside the Oliver Royale hotel off the square called the library. Gotta dress a little nice. Look for a red light and go through the door. Sweet Ps is my favorite BBQ and itā€™s right downtown. All street parking is free after 6 and weekends. There are 3 or 4 free garages also. Donā€™t forget the old city! Glad to have you here in Knoxville!

I've been waiting for this moment since I was a kid.. I am going to my first vols game in Knoxville first game of the year against Georgia State with my wife.. We are sitting Lower Level Z11 Row 2...It will be our first time in Knoxville any of you have any recommendations? any nice "hole in the wall" type places to go or something we should see our first time being there. Any help is much appreciated, no help is fine as well..
Copper cell has the best burger in town.

VN Store

Back