Anyone notice what K. Salter did yesterday in Liberty's conference champ. game?

So is premarital sex but my niece's roommate probably got pregnant by her "religious education studies" boyfriend in the dorm.

You've been to college, right?

Salter was undisciplined at UT and probably a good kid once he got past the "I'm out of the house and nobody can tell me $#|+" phase. He's talented. Heupel couldn't tolerate much crap back then because he had to get as much work out of a decimated roster and culture that sucked.
I have been to college, one of the same ones as Salter, and I was never asked to leave it, especially after getting popped for what he did. My question was about the institution and the purpose of sending him there wise ass.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
I have been to college and I was never asked to leave one, especially after getting popped for what he did. My question was about the institution and the purpose of sending him there wise ass.
If you weren't worried about getting thrown out, you weren't having enough fun!

I'm not for thug behavior but I think (really, I hope) he wasn't much of an instigator in that but was along for the weed. I think smoking ANYTHING is dumb and a death wish, so I hope he got past that.

Liberty is a college full of young, still trying to figure it out, often emotionally volatile, and always more ready to have fun than play it safe young people. I'm sure there's a base of faith and lots of rules.

I don't know about you but in college I thought a lot more about the fun than the rules. They're young, they can do that. I'm old now, I get to tell them how dumb what they did was.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
If you weren't worried about getting thrown out, you weren't having enough fun!

I'm not for thug behavior but I think (really, I hope) he wasn't much of an instigator in that but was along for the weed. I think smoking ANYTHING is dumb and a death wish, so I hope he got past that.

Liberty is a college full of young, still trying to figure it out, often emotionally volatile, and always more ready to have fun than play it safe young people. I'm sure there's a base of faith and lots of rules.

I don't know about you but in college I thought a lot more about the fun than the rules. They're young, they can do that. I'm old now, I get to tell them how dumb what they did was.
I had a blast at UTK . Did way more partying than I should’ve and there were definitely some touch n go moments where the Gpa was not great .Hell my roommate grew weed in his closet in The Fort, but he didnt get into a similar situation. My point was not about going to college. It was going to college at Liberty after you’ve already been thrown out for what Salter was thrown out for. That’s not normal behavior. That’s not “well I’m away from home and I’m going to lash out”. I’m guessing he’s probably on a short leash and he was sent to Liberty to have an environment where it’s less prevalent. I honestly figured most people at Liberty have a higher code of conduct than at most universities because of its religious ideology. That’s all I’m saying. I know kids are kids .

Reactions: SayUWantAreVOLution
I had a blast at UTK . Did way more partying than I should’ve and there were definitely some touch n go moments where the Gpa was not great .Hell my roommate grew weed in his closet in The Fort, but he didnt get into a similar situation. My point was not about going to college. It was going to college at Liberty after you’ve already been thrown out for what Salter was thrown out for. That’s not normal behavior. That’s not “well I’m away from home and I’m going to lash out”. I’m guessing he’s probably on a short leash and he was sent to Liberty to have an environment where it’s less prevalent. I honestly figured most people at Liberty have a higher code of conduct than at most universities because of its religious ideology. That’s all I’m saying. I know kids are kids .
I completely agree that Liberty is a safer environment for someone to go to college and avoid trouble.

I think Salter would have found more trouble at UT and been a distraction for the team. It was a good thing and I'll bet he's grown a lot from that environment on and off the field.

I'm not against religious schools at all but I'm against thinking that solves the problem of young people doing stupid things. It just makes it a little less accessible.

I forget who that lady comedian is from Knoxville but I like her line that "some of the nastiest things I ever did were on the church hayride." It's true. Being at a church function or school helps but dang kids are just brain dead balls of hormones sometimes.

One day after he had been reinstated, I noticed he was live on Instagram and clicked on. He and his buddies were talking up two high school girls and he was mentioning transferring to Memphis. In between brilliant dialogue points, he hit up a vape pen. Could have been nicotine, but when he got busted that week, I wasn’t surprised. He needed a change of scenery and to his credit he rolled aces.

He fits well at Liberty but I’ve watched a number of their games this year and he still exhibits an attitude that is not always a positive one. He had some celebrations last night that caught the attention of a coach a couple of times. You could tell they were telling him to class it up a bit.

Im really happy for him that he's doing so well there. I thought he had alot of potential coming in, and I dont frown upon the use of weed at all, unfortunately it didnt work out for him here but I think the team made the right decision for both parties

He fits well at Liberty but I’ve watched a number of their games this year and he still exhibits an attitude that is not always a positive one. He had some celebrations last night that caught the attention of a coach a couple of times. You could tell they were telling him to class it up a bit.

Was it actually Chadwell himself? Because he’s not exactly Nick Saban when it comes to discipline.

I just remember his dad or some family member getting really sick from COVID when they brought him to Knoxville and VolNation and other Vols fans stepped up to support the family and the GoFundMe account.
His dad wasn't expected to survive covid and pneumonia he got when dropping Kaidon off. The support from Vol nation was nothing short of incredible. The funds raised allowed Mistee, the mom, to stay with Ken everyday. We will always have a spot for the Vols in our hearts and know without ya'lls support Ken likely wouldn't have made it.

Kaidon does come from a strong stable family. Him getting into all that trouble was definitely not the norm. It sucks how things happened but kudos to Josh for doing what was needed and helping Kaidon grow up. Chadwell doesn't like the unsportsmanlike penalties, but he knows that arrogance/confidence is what Kaidon uses to make some of the plays he does.

His dad wasn't expected to survive covid and pneumonia he got when dropping Kaidon off. The support from Vol nation was nothing short of incredible. The funds raised allowed Mistee, the mom, to stay with Ken everyday. We will always have a spot for the Vols in our hearts and know without ya'lls support Ken likely wouldn't have made it.

Kaidon does come from a strong stable family. Him getting into all that trouble was definitely not the norm. It sucks how things happened but kudos to Josh for doing what was needed and helping Kaidon grow up. Chadwell doesn't like the unsportsmanlike penalties, but he knows that arrogance/confidence is what Kaidon uses to make some of the plays he does.
Classy post. Blessings to the Salter family.

Let's be real here, possession of small amounts of Marijuana should not be a crime.

We live in a backwards redneck area controlled by white hair politicians

So you're an authority?
The only reason it's still illegal is fear of the unknown.

The worst thing Marijuana does to the user is cause them to sleep too long or eat too much food.

Ask any police officer which they would rather interact with, someone that smoked weed or someone that is drunk on alcohol.....

You wonder what?

Did you know that home values are significantly higher (and much higher growth in value) in areas with legalized marijuana sales, and areas where it is illegal suffer significantly lower home values?

I've always wondered why real estate is so much more expensive in California than in Tennessee 😃 I guess natural gas can only increase resale value so much . . .

Reactions: feathersax
I like New Mexico State’s epileptic head coach, Jerry Kill. I liked him at N. Illinois and Minnesota. He’s taken the Aggies to a bowl game for each of the two years he’s been at NMSU (1 bowl game in 60 years prior), and he had them in the CCG this year. “The Killer” is building a program in southern New Mexico. He’s developing talent to compete, and pretty soon, you’ll schedule NMSU for homecoming at your peril.

Reactions: knox73

VN Store

Back