"Anywhere but Nashville", looks like the program has had its fill of the Music City Bowl officiating

"What about the two hold-outs? Two outlets again picked Tennessee to land in the Music City Bowl. It’s *very* unlikely that happens because the Vols played at Nissan Stadium to open the season. It likely would take the SEC not getting three teams into the CFP/NY6 games, and with two Playoff contenders meeting in Atlanta and two more 10-2 teams – Missouri is ranked higher, though Ole Miss has a better resume – that seems highly unlikely, particularly with the lack of tie-ins this particular year.
Anyway, College Football News continues to operate under the assumption that the SEC forfeits its spot in the Reliaquest Bowl if an SEC team goes to the Orange Bowl, which we don’t believe to be the case. The SEC has had a tie-in with Tampa for a very long time with no such parameters. There is a parameter where the former Outback Bowl gets an ACC team instead of a Big Ten team – if a Big Ten team goes to Miami – which is why you see LSU-Notre Dame a popular projected matchup there.

So CFN has a Notre Dame-Wisconsin matchup in the Reliaquest Bowl, which bumped LSU to Jacksonville and Tennessee to Nashville.

Sporting News has Texas A&M-Clemson paired in the Gator Bowl. The bowl may not want a rematch of last year’s Orange Bowl, but would it pass on Tennessee to take an interim-coached team that Tennessee beat to do so? Certainly Tennessee would contend such a thing to the SEC."

Someone refresh my memory. Didn’t we score a late TD against UNC in the Music City Bowl that they said didn’t cross the plane when everyone, including the national media that is no fan of UT, stated that it absolutely did?

Someone refresh my memory. Didn’t we score a late TD against UNC in the Music City Bowl that they said didn’t cross the plane when everyone, including the national media that is no fan of UT, stated that it absolutely did?
The UNC screwing was when UNC rushed a FG unit to the field and spiked the ball with too many men on the field with 1 second on the clock.
They took the penalty, kicked the FG and won the game.

That led to rule changes that assess a 10 second runoff of penalties that stop the clock.

The TD that was called down was against Purdue 2 years ago.

My mind does the same thing to me.
I would have sworn Butch Jones' team defeated Nebraska in the Gator Bowl, but it was the Music City Bowl too.

Reactions: Checker_the_Shire
The UNC screwing was when UNC rushed a FG unit to the field and spiked the ball with too many men on the field with 1 second on the clock.

That led to rule changes that assess a 10 second runoff of penalties that stop the clock.

My mind does the same thing to me.
I would have sworn Butch Jones' team defeated Nebraska in the Gator Bowl, but it was the Music City Bowl too.
Thanks! We’ve been screwed over so many times, they all just run together 🙄

That was just the cherry on top. The refs screwed us over that entire drive leading up to the FG.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
Just looking at records. Loser of UGA/Bama probably going to the Sugar Bowl. Mizz. and Ole Miss have 10 & 2 records so they will probably get the next
higher bowls (whichever that is). LSU is at 9 & 3. At 8 & 4, we have the 6th best SEC record. Thinking maybe Outback, Peach, Liberty? We have a strong fanbase
that travels with the team so that is a big plus.

Thought this was an interesting tidbit from 247.

Good for the administration if this is really what was said. Our last two losses there have been based suspicious officiating at best. View attachment 598482
It doesn’t have anything to do with the officiating or the experience the last time Tennessee was there. But you’ve played in the music city bowl 24 months ago, had a season opening game this year, and will likely have another neutral site game there in 2026, and having an agreement to have a neutral site game at the new stadium in one of its first two years. It’s just enough saturation of Nashville already without tacking on a bowl game to that.

Went to the Music City Bowl when we played Nebraska about 6 or 7 years ago. Good game (we won). Was at the very top of the stadium (last row) facing the Batman building, awesome sight. Was colder than a witch's ... foot with the wind blowing up there.
Nashville is usually colder than Knoxville

Reactions: Mustng959

And UNC was the first team to lose because of that rule. True story

How many times have we been to the Music City Bowl? I was there for the one in 2010 against UNC, and then I know we beat Nebraska under Butch and lost to Purdue under Heupel. Has it just been those 3 times?

This is about recruiting and getting out of state.

I also don't think going to music city bowl with cold weather is prestigious.

Reactions: tbwhhs

At least Dooley did help get something right with a rule change. We got screwed that game!

Texas Bowl?

I live in central Texas, so I’d love to be able to drive to a Vols bowl game.

I am in minority but I prefer the Liberty bowl. We haven't been there in a long time and still close enough for our fans to go. Its not really an option but I would definitely go. Lol

Reactions: dalton_vol
Not sure what Green Bay having heaters in the ground has to do with Nissan being a statistical outlier for lower leg injuries in Sept and Oct for several years...
Don't know where that came from. Your post:
There was issues with the old surface in September and October.

If they can maintain grass in Green Bay, they can in Nashville...
My response:
Green Bay has heaters in the ground.

VN Store

Back