AP Poll Tennessee at #5

Some of y’all won’t realize it until we win another National or at least conference championship, but UT is back among the upper echelon of college football where we belong. Will be a perennial contender for the foreseeable future.
Yes!
Get used to it!
Be thankful that we are out of the desert of the last 15 years!

Some of y’all won’t realize it until we win another National or at least conference championship, but UT is back among the upper echelon of college football where we belong. Will be a perennial contender for the foreseeable future.
We are definitely on the rise for sure. But wouldn’t you think a conference championship, at least, would Put us there? The media and fans are hopping on the Heup train as well, slowly but surely. For instance, Mark Richt had the pups up there most years and they fired him because he didn’t bring the two prized possessions every school wants.

Reactions: IndianaVol
Looks right to me! And we move up a spot next week after the rock fight between Bama and UGA
If Georgia beats Bama convincingly the Tide will fall below us.
If Bama ekes out a win against Georgia, they'll just trade spots.
If Bama beats Georgia convincingly, Bama goes to #1
...but I still don't think voters will this early assume that Tennessee is better than Georgia, especially in a week in which we'll have had a bye. Too many 5-stars Dawgs at depth on that Georgia roster.

Until we beat Bama... until we beat Georgia... the assumption (and I think it's valid until we prove otherwise on the field) is that there's just a huge gap between the #4 and #5 spots.

It's up to Tennessee to go all Dan'l Boone/Cumberland and blaze the trail across that Gap.

VN Store

Back