AP Poll Tennessee at #5

LOL Bob Ballou has Missouri at #5 and us at #8.

Brian Howell has us at #8 behind Utah and Penn State.

LOL Chip Towers of the AJC has us at #10 behind everyone.

Reactions: mackievol
After UT moving up, the one thing I was looking for was for Jerkwitz to finally be seen as the overrated pretender that he is. The "it's tough to win in the SEC" argument only goes so far when you need overtime to beat Vandy at home.
☝️actually Mizzou can use that argument as since the start of the 2023 season their record is 15-2 with their only loses being to LSU and Georgia.

If you start thinking in terms of seeding for the tourney, obviously beating GA, AL, and winning out gets us a buy.

IMO, shooting for a 5th seed, likely obtained by winning against one of the big boys, is a reasonable goal and a dang good place to be in the playoffs. Play the 12th seed, then the 4th seed, and you're REALLY in the dance.

I would like to complain but I can't. I can't think of anybody on that list ahead of us that we should about default be passing. Our offense looked very beatable yesterday. Ole Miss's defense is the only defense on that list that I think would have some trouble with us. Everybody else on that list would give our offense the exact same problem that Oklahoma did. Yeah we put up points, but they more or less shut us down. And to be perfectly honest, if they had started the game with that backup quarterback, we may not be smoking cigars and celebrating a win. They're making me question our secondary again. At no point in time during the game were they able to run. But they were starting to carve us up in the passing game.

If you start thinking in terms of seeding for the tourney, obviously beating GA, AL, and winning out gets us a buy.

IMO, shooting for a 5th seed, likely obtained by winning against one of the big boys, is a reasonable goal and a dang good place to be in the playoffs. Play the 12th seed, then the 4th seed, and you're REALLY in the dance.
I would love to see us win the SECCG, but I’d also love to see a playoff game in Neyland.

What's the take here, do we want an undefeated Bama for TSIO and a 1L Georgia team in November? Or vise versa? I am leaning towards undefeated Bama, that would be a very sweet W.

I would love to see us win the SECCG, but I’d also love to see a playoff game in Neyland.
Absolutely. Earning that playoff game and winning the SEC would be great, not just for fans, but for recruiting.

I'm not a "sunshine pumper" and OU performance won't win the SEC. GA, for sure, will salivate watching the film on the O Line. There's a lot to be happy about this year but we just STARTED the SEC schedule and this should be a "gut check" for the team that we're done with a line of cupcakes, most of teams from here are going to be worthy opponents.

Reactions: WillisWG
I would like to complain but I can't. I can't think of anybody on that list ahead of us that we should about default be passing. Our offense looked very beatable yesterday. Ole Miss's defense is the only defense on that list that I think would have some trouble with us. Everybody else on that list would give our offense the exact same problem that Oklahoma did. Yeah we put up points, but they more or less shut us down. And to be perfectly honest, if they had started the game with that backup quarterback, we may not be smoking cigars and celebrating a win. They're making me question our secondary again. At no point in time during the game were they able to run. But they were starting to carve us up in the passing game.
The big pass play at the end of the game . . . I think our DB slipped on the turf. Take that play out and we don’t give up the second TD.

I am optimistic about our secondary.

VN Store

Back