AP win great but I'm not sold until an SEC win

We played, and beat a solid team year last to start the season. Everyone thought that it was great and we were back on track. We did the same after we beat Cincy the year before in the second game.

Watching the game on Sat was nice, but to think that it was any kind of sign for how good this team or coaching is a huge stretch. This wknd will be a better sign, and then we have when one heck of a ride after that.

Day by day yall...game by game. I wasn't listened to the last couple of seasons when I was saying the same thing, but hopefully one day soon people will understand we needed to take our program day by day and game by game for another few yrs.

Just IMHO that's all...GBO!!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Look I'm sorry y'all I'm just as much a fan as you are all I'm saying is as great as we were and all the amazing energy we had at that game I just hated to waste it on AP I would have loved to beat Florida

High energy is NEVER wasted in support of our team. I don't care if we are playing Florida or the Georgia School for the Deaf.

However, I understand the wait and see attitude. Personally, I feel the same way, but I really think that Coach Jones is the right guy to lead us back to where we belong: the top if the SEC.

Look I'm sorry y'all I'm just as much a fan as you are all I'm saying is as great as we were and all the amazing energy we had at that game I just hated to waste it on AP I would have loved to beat Florida

IMO Florida is a very winnable game. I also feel like, thanks to our defense, we will be competetive in all games.. Just glad we don't have ol ' Sal at the defensive helm.

We start off like this we beat a nobody team until we play an SEC team and we lose. I want to start the season off with a Florida or LSU or Georgia win not this crap. We don't know how good we are until then and anyone who says otherwise needs to cancel there volnation account. Just saying.

It's impossible to start the season with a Florida, LSU, or Georgia win when it's not the first game on the schedule.

Good grief, OP! UT put 42 points on the board in the 1st half, played backups and the backups' backups in the 2nd half and still didn't have 1 penalty.

Did the opponent suck, yes. But no penalties? What was NOT to like about the win on Sat?

Reactions: 1 person
I would like to say I was a little worried that our 2's couldn't score on AP.....

1) they did score. Not 6 but they did score
2) it wasn't just the 2s. It was the 3s and Walk ons too.
3) butch called off the dogs at the half and ran the same 3-4 plays every. Stinking. Play.

In all my born days, I've never ever seen a game with no penalties & that is an outstanding job done by this football team. :clapping:

Tennessee had 0 penalties in the 2007 SEC Championship when they squared off against the mighty Tigers of the Bayou.

Good grief, OP! UT put 42 points on the board in the 1st half, played backups and the backups' backups in the 2nd half and still didn't have 1 penalty.

Did the opponent suck, yes. But no penalties? What was NOT to like about the win on Sat?

The fact our second team offense couldn't generate a touchdown is pretty alarming. Not to mention all the walk-ons and freshmen that will be forced to play this year due to our lack of depth. The Vols will be limping their way into November at 3 and 5.

Tennessee had 0 penalties in the 2007 SEC Championship when they squared off against the mighty Tigers of the Bayou.

I had forgotten about that, nice recall. I promise you, that is a main reason UT was in the game like they were. I've seen too many ill-timed penalties really hurt UT in the past...see 2004 SEC CG vs Auburn.

The fact our second team offense couldn't generate a touchdown is pretty alarming. Not to mention all the walk-ons and freshmen that will be forced to play this year due to our lack of depth. The Vols will be limping their way into November at 3 and 5.

Maybe so, but I have a feeling had Butch wanted to let Peterman open it up a bit, UT would have scored at will.

Depth is an issue. I think it was more important to give those players reps than trying to see how fast they can score against ASPU.

Im excited about this year, the team looks better, plays better and has the discipline to do good things. When was the last time the Vols played a game and had 0 penalties?

Watching the game, do you really think butch was calling plays to score or just calling plays to get that "invaluable" as he called it, playing experience. If butch wanted them to, he could have pulled some more plays and probably hung some more points on them.

Also consider this, in a real game scenario, we will not have 11 2s out on the field. Maybe 1-3. The remaining 8-10 of the 1s can do a lot to cover the inexperience of the 2 and let's not get started on how many 3s we will see in real game action.

Sold on what? Anyone expecting a one year major turn around MAY be in for a big let down.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

everybody plays these games

not sure we need to add another challenging team considering we have the Ducks , the SEC East , and the defending National Champs.

Maybe so, but I have a feeling had Butch wanted to let Peterman open it up a bit, UT would have scored at will.

Depth is an issue. I think it was more important to give those players reps than trying to see how fast they can score against ASPU.

It is, but we should have seen a little more push up front. This causes concern for next year's unit when we lose most of the best offensive line the SEC this year. Something that Butch can only address with a few recruiting cycles.

So you're posting a statement that's trying to answer a question at the same time?

Hmmm.... Just watch football

VN Store

Back