Arizona Is A Beast

cardvolfan

This Arizona team is the best-looking team, at least on paper, I have seen this year. Exceptional shooting percentage from 2 (58.4%), decent from 3 at 35%, good at the FT line (72%). Also, they lead the country in assists, are 4th in total rebounds, and 4th in blocks. They commit 12 TO’s per game, but have 21 assists per game. They are BIG, and Tubelis, their 6’11” forward averages over 3 assists per game, to go with his 16 points and 7 rebounds. Their two bigs, Tubelis and Koloko (7’1”, 225) average 65% shooting down low.

In addition, their guards take care of the ball and distribute quite well. They also have some depth at the center position and some big guards off the bench. Their depth consists of some really quality players, but maybe their schedule hasn’t been the best. Still, a very well-rounded, gifted team that will present a major challenge.

Wednesday night should be electric in TBA. GO VOLS!

I know some will laugh at me for saying this... Uros could play a big role in how this game is decided. Can he give us a few points, play tough defense, rebound, bang with the Arizona bigs and give us 5 tough fouls? I know it sounds like a lot to ask of him but he has to step up and give us something because ON will not be able to go toe to toe with them in the paint and BHH may be able to run them but I don’t think he can bang with them either, at this point.
GBO!!

I know some will laugh at me for saying this... Uros could play a big role in how this game is decided. Can he give us a few points, play tough defense, rebound, bang with the Arizona bigs and give us 5 tough fouls? I know it sounds like a lot to ask of him but he has to step up and give us something because ON will not be able to go toe to toe with them in the paint and BHH may be able to run them but I don’t think he can bang with them either, at this point.
GBO!!
If our hope hangs on Plavi, we in deep doodoo. Maybe we push the pace and all our shooters are hot for this one.

Is the game still on? Didn't Penny Hardaway also cancel the UT-Arizona game for us when he chickened out and took his scaredy cats back to Memphis?

Most "duh" thing to say, but we need to make shots and get out to a good start. We don't seem to recover from bad starts and when the shots aren't falling they never seem to start falling later.

It will also help if KC/Vescovi don't pick up 2 fouls in the first 5 minutes. Especially KC. An early charge seems to derail him entirely at times.

It would be good timing for Aidoo to add a few productive minutes as well. Fulk and ORN better not get the cheap early fouls although that would force BHH into the mix.
This is going to sound terrible. But honestly them getting in foul trouble and forcing Barnes to play BHH more is probably best case scenario

This is going to sound terrible. But honestly them getting in foul trouble and forcing Barnes to play BHH more is probably best case scenario

They haven't been ready to play more minutes. They were in high school earlier this year. Aidoo has been ill and injured.

Arizona is one of the best college teams in the country. Throwing young players into games before they are ready doesn’t magically make them worlds better. The most important thing is to do everything possible to win the next game.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
They haven't been ready to play more minutes. They were in high school earlier this year. Aidoo has been ill and injured.

Arizona is one of the best college teams in the country. Throwing young players into games before they are ready doesn’t magically make them worlds better. The most important thing is to do everything possible to win the next game.
Im not talking about Aidoo as much as BHH. Letting him play more wouldnt be a bad thing at all, the kid is more athletic than any of our other bigs. It certainly would be better than watching Uros flop around out there. I dont think theyre the end all be all though, we just need to keep their bigs from going stupid. Our guards are going to have to win this game for TN

VN Store

Back