Arizona Is A Beast

This Arizona team is the best-looking team, at least on paper, I have seen this year. Exceptional shooting percentage from 2 (58.4%), decent from 3 at 35%, good at the FT line (72%). Also, they lead the country in assists, are 4th in total rebounds, and 4th in blocks. They commit 12 TO’s per game, but have 21 assists per game. They are BIG, and Tubelis, their 6’11” forward averages over 3 assists per game, to go with his 16 points and 7 rebounds. Their two bigs, Tubelis and Koloko (7’1”, 225) average 65% shooting down low.

In addition, their guards take care of the ball and distribute quite well. They also have some depth at the center position and some big guards off the bench. Their depth consists of some really quality players, but maybe their schedule hasn’t been the best. Still, a very well-rounded, gifted team that will present a major challenge.

Wednesday night should be electric in TBA. GO VOLS!

Only thing is they have yet to beat a team that is currently ranked in the top 25. Not sure how big of a team that is however as I would imagine some they have played like Michigan perhaps will make their way back in there?

You want to get better ... play the best and ... you will learn to play better!
I look for us to be better defensively than Illinois. But their size may be problematic.
Will be watching to see if their lefty is successful against Fulky.
I think this game is won or lost on 3 pt percentage.

Run the 7 footers to death! They are usually the ones who have to run the length of the court every time. Even if the shots aren't falling at first, it will pay dividends late in the game.

Run the 7 footers to death! They are usually the ones who have to run the length of the court every time. Even if the shots aren't falling at first, it will pay dividends late in the game.
Except their big men are athletic and like to run.

Arizona also has the 4th fastest tempo in the country, so that's not gonna work for this game. They like to run.

At this point, I’m just not sure what Barnes’ strategy will be. There might be multiple strategies depending on various factors. Chris mentioned going zone, which I would imagine will happen at various points. I think this game will definitely be interesting as far as coaching strategy goes.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
This Arizona team is the best-looking team, at least on paper, I have seen this year. Exceptional shooting percentage from 2 (58.4%), decent from 3 at 35%, good at the FT line (72%). Also, they lead the country in assists, are 4th in total rebounds, and 4th in blocks. They commit 12 TO’s per game, but have 21 assists per game. They are BIG, and Tubelis, their 6’11” forward averages over 3 assists per game, to go with his 16 points and 7 rebounds. Their two bigs, Tubelis and Koloko (7’1”, 225) average 65% shooting down low.

In addition, their guards take care of the ball and distribute quite well. They also have some depth at the center position and some big guards off the bench. Their depth consists of some really quality players, but maybe their schedule hasn’t been the best. Still, a very well-rounded, gifted team that will present a major challenge.

Wednesday night should be electric in TBA. GO VOLS!
My bet is on the UNDER at 153. That seems like a very generous number considering the Vols have a poor shooting record against ranked teams

Y'all worried about some 7 footers. We have 3 capable point guards that can coexist on the floor at the same time. They have plenty to be worried about as well.
True but our big guys have been a disappointment this year and Fulky is the biggest so far.

So much for those “7 footers”

Fulk had twice as many points as all three of them combined…….and almost as many rebounds.

Good team……but like I said they really hadn’t played anyone (we’ll Illinois is pretty decent but that was a good close game).

Reactions: gainesvol82
We just beat a team that’s a lot better than we are. I’ll take it though.
And with our best player having his worst game of the season, no less. If you had told me that KC would go 2-14 and Vescovi would go 5-16, I'd have bet we lost by 20.

I'd have also never believed, not in a million years, that we'd outrebound that AZ team.

And with our best player having his worst game of the season, no less. If you had told me that KC would go 2-14 and Vescovi would go 5-16, I'd have bet we lost by 20.

I'd have also never believed, not in a million years, that we'd outrebound that AZ team.

That zone they refused to get out of was really poor coaching. Fulk is way too good of a player to let him walk unguarded with the ball and get great position to see the whole floor right at the nail. Or sometimes they’d let him get close as 12-13 feet out.

That zone they refused to get out of was really poor coaching. Fulk is way too good of a player to let him walk unguarded with the ball and get great position to see the whole floor right at the nail. Or sometimes they’d let him get close 12-13 feet out.
I did find that odd, they did not adjust at all when it became clear we were gonna just let Fulky go to work every offensive possession

Reactions: chuckiepoo
That zone they refused to get out of was really poor coaching. Fulk is way too good of a player to let him walk unguarded with the ball and get great position to see the whole floor right at the nail. Or sometimes they’d let him get as 12-13 feet out.
Yep, extremely questionable strategy, there. If I have three 7-footers, I'm bodying up on Fulk and being physical with at every turn. Not letting him get the ball unguarded 12 feet from the basket and backing my big guys down with little to no resistance. That seemed to play right into our hand and gave Fulky confidence. Then the foul trouble just complicated matters for Zona. They were very undisciplined, defensive, and we were the benefactors of some silly fouls.

Reactions: MinisterofDef#92

VN Store

Back