Arkansas >Oklahoma

Their QB either looks really good or bad depending on the drive, I agree with what was said earlier. He only completes 53%. They looked rough against Auburn for most of the game and even put their backup in for a bit

Their QB either looks really good or bad depending on the drive, I agree with what was said earlier. He only completes 53%. They looked rough against Auburn for most of the game and even put their backup in for a bit
Guess everyone has forgotten how they continually snatched defeat from the jaws of victory against OK St? Arkansas is undisciplined and wildly inconsistent both times I’ve seen them this season.

I'm not opposed to the idea Arkansas is better than OU. I would probably favor them by a point or two on a neutral field.

Their offense looks very potent, and their one loss is to a top 20 team on the road in which they statistically outgained their opponent.

Their rushing defense isn't too shabby either, which could make things tough on our offense. Still, our WRs should feast on their secondary. It's unfortunate they have such a tough conference schedule, becuase they will be better than their record indicates.

Eh. I kind of feel like it wouldn’t have taken being on the receiving end of 5 turnovers for Oklahoma to just squeak by Auburn in a game.
Auburn’s offense has been extremely generous with Oskies…8 I think… ✅ and fumbles, 10 on ground losing 6 of those. So 14 total turnovers in four games. …woof.

Reactions: walkenvol
Arkansas's defense is just not good. Plain and simple. All they had to do to beat a mediocre OK State team was get one stop in the second half, and they couldn't do it. Not even convinced about their offense, as their QB is just totally inconsistent. That was his big problem last year at Boise state, and doesn't look like he's solved that yet either.

I don't agree. Arky defense is not very good and offensively they turn the ball over a lot.

OU defense should force multiple turnovers and their offense with their new QB will likely be better going forward.

Running QBs give everyone trouble
Agreed. Especially running QBs who are also good at throwing. That's the very nature of dual threat QBs. They can beat you multiple ways.

One of the best ways to defend against these type of QBs is just have a great DL that can get constant pressure just rushing 4 guys. Luckily we have that.

This defense isn't getting beat by a Mountain West QB. Ark will not be able to run against the UT D-line. You need fast linebackers and a safety that can hit to contain a running QB. UT's linebackers are fast and are violent hitters. Pili will knock a QB out of the game sometime this season, let him start with Arkie.

I agree.

I also don't think people realize how many injuries Oklahoma had on offense. Between a true Freshman QB and a depleted offense, they are going to have a rough go of it.

Their D was great. Hats off to them for that, but you can only win so many games solely with defense in the modern era.
i.e. Iowa 2023...

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back