Around The SEC

Four SEC universities currently sponsor the sport of rowing -- Alabama, Oklahoma, Tennessee and Texas. According to SEC Bylaws, a conference championship may be conducted when a minimum of 25 percent of the Conference members sponsor a sport, and upon approval by Conference athletics directors.

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
there are things that never change at Alabama

Miami (Ohio) head coach Chuck Martin made his feeling known on the topic Thursday morning when he accused Alabama of tampering with Nicholson and encouraging him to get into the transfer portal.

“You media people, it’s all pretend,” Martin said in an interview with Miami’s in house media. “No. Alabama stole our kicker. They illegally recruited our kicker and stole him from us. That’s a fact. But we live in this La La world like hey let’s not talk reality. Everyone knows what’s going on so Alabama stole our kicker. A couple other schools tried to steal him.”

there are things that never change at Alabama

Miami (Ohio) head coach Chuck Martin made his feeling known on the topic Thursday morning when he accused Alabama of tampering with Nicholson and encouraging him to get into the transfer portal.

“You media people, it’s all pretend,” Martin said in an interview with Miami’s in house media. “No. Alabama stole our kicker. They illegally recruited our kicker and stole him from us. That’s a fact. But we live in this La La world like hey let’s not talk reality. Everyone knows what’s going on so Alabama stole our kicker. A couple other schools tried to steal him.”

I saw that on Dave Hooker’s show. I don’t like the attitude that rules don’t matter simply because someone else isn’t going to follow them.

Tampering rules exist for the benefit of the students so that they can focus on their studies and their sport without worrying about addressing outside noise constantly.

That being said, I don’t know how tampering applies to contacting a player’s agent during the season.

Reactions: WillisWG

Georgia Bulldogs Football Depth Chart 2024-25​

Updated Aug 26, 2024, 07:05 AM ET
Offensive Positions
POSSTARTER2ND3RD4TH
WR-XDillon BellColbie YoungMichael Jackson III-
WR-ZArian SmithLondon HumphreysNitro Tuggle-
WR-YDominic LovettAnthony Evans IIISacovie White-
LTEarnest Greene IIIJamal MeriweatherMichael Uini-
LGDylan FairchildMicah MorrisKelton Smith Jr.-
CJared WilsonDrew BoboMalachi Toliver-
RGTate RatledgeDaniel CalhounMarques Easley-
RTXavier TrussMonroe FreelingBo HughleyNyier Daniels
TEOscar DelpBen YurosekLawson LuckieJaden Reddell
QBCarson BeckGunner StocktonJaden RashadaRyan Puglisi
RBTrevor EtienneRoderick Robinson IIBranson RobinsonCash Jones
Defensive Positions
POSSTARTER2ND3RD4TH
DEMykel WilliamsTyrion Ingram-DawkinsGabe Harris Jr.Joseph Jonah-Ajonye
NTNazir StackhouseJamaal JarrettJordan Hall-
DTWarren BrinsonXzavier McLeodChristen Miller-
JACKChaz ChamblissDamon Wilson IISamuel M'Pemba-
MLBCJ AllenRaylen WilsonJustin Williams-
WLBSmael Mondon Jr.Jalon WalkerTroy Bowles-
LCBDaylen EveretteDaniel Harris--
SSMalaki StarksJake PopeDavid Daniel-Sisavanh-
FSDan JacksonKJ BoldenJustyn Rhett-
RCBJulian HumphreyEllis Robinson IV--
STARJoenel AgueroJaCorey ThomasKyron Jones-
Special Teams
POSSTARTER2ND3RD4TH
PTBrett ThorsonDrew MillerNoah Jones-
PKPeyton WoodringLiam BadgerCharlie HamHenry Bates
KOCharlie HamPeyton WoodringLiam BadgerHenry Bates
LSBeau GardnerWill SnellingsJonathan WashburnLuke Raab
HCarson BeckGunner Stockton--
PRAnthony Evans IIIKJ BoldenSacovie White-
KRDillon BellAnthony Evans IIIKJ BoldenSacovie White

Georgia coach Kirby Smart isn't ready to say whether Florida transfer Trevor Etienne will be available to play in Saturday's opener against No. 14 Clemson, but the No. 1 Bulldogs know they probably won't have at least one of their top running backs.

I think this shows how far we have come. In the past any of our players who transferred out because of playing time had to go down to at least the G5 schools, or lower, to find playing time. Now they are staying in the SEC. granted its a lower level SEC school, but still a big change in the way it was.

I think this shows how far we have come. In the past any of our players who transferred out because of playing time had to go down to at least the G5 schools, or lower, to find playing time. Now they are staying in the SEC. granted its a lower level SEC school, but still a big change in the way it was.
Agree. Talent is much better. Hated to see Nichols leave but understand his position.

If you want a glaring example of the new era of college sports:

TJ Finley has been announced as Western Kentucky's starting QB for Saturday's game at Alabama. It will be Finley's third start against the Tide, each one for a different school. Finley started for LSU in 2020 and Auburn in 2021. He's a sixth-year senior at his 4th school having transferred from Texas State earlier this year.

TJ Finley has been announced as Western Kentucky's starting QB for Saturday's game at Alabama. It will be Finley's third start against the Tide, each one for a different school. Finley started for LSU in 2020 and Auburn in 2021. He's a sixth-year senior at his 4th school having transferred from Texas State earlier this year.

My eyes got as big as saucers when I saw that on twitter. I was like "TJ FINLEY!?!?!!?!"

I’ll bet his transcript is an interesting read.

The move from Texas St to Western Kentucky doesn't make much sense. It isn't really a step up in competition level, the teams are at about an equal level within their own conference, and he was the starter/played pretty well there last year.

VN Store

Back