Ask TheFallGuy Tech questions

@theFallGuy, I found a 1970s intro to MPS/360. Do you need a refresher on JCL, Control Program, or Data cards?
I could scan and upload some pages...
OUCH!!!! That's blast from the past.

My class (1975) was the last class that had to deal with the plague that was punch cards! I have always been a horrible typist and those damned punch machines were always acting a fool.

AAAAaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhh! Where's the whiskey.............

Laimbeer started it. Daugherty retaliated, and Isiah/Laimbeer finished it.

Laimbeer with shot to head/neck on getting rebound position, Daugherty with big shove, Isiah Thomas with the rear choke with Laimbeer throwing punches..

Well that is the NBA not college basketball. Rules are and should be different.

Reactions: 508mikey and Behr
OUCH!!!! That's blast from the past.

My class (1975) was the last class that had to deal with the plague that was punch cards! I have always been a horrible typist and those damned punch machines were always acting a fool.

AAAAaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhh! Where's the whiskey.............
Where was that? We were doing punch cards into the 80's at UT in Engineering.

El Camino College in the LA area. In the early 70's they had two profs that literally wrote the book for a number of computer science courses for the University of California state system.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Though there were DEC10s in the ‘70s, they required me to use Fortran4 and punch cards for the IBM360 in two of my classes. Though 17 nested DO Loops produced output within required tolerances, my instructor gave me a C for the assignment, then he advised me that my 91.98 class average deserved a B for the course. Though he’d been rounding up grades all through the class, he told me, “91.98 is not 92 or above.” He left UT for Northwestern. A number of my professors left UT for Northwestern. I surmised that I was getting an expensive private university education at land grant prices. 😉

21071640WGR_MenOnCampus_3840x2160_Final-390x220.jpg

Reactions: joevol33

VN Store

Back