Athletes Pay

Athlete's Pay

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Recoil

Keeping the Gate
I believe all athletes are worth the money they are paid. I believe that because they are able to get it. I challenge any man/woman/child on VN to perform like Albert Pujols, Arian Foster, Tom Brady, LeBron James, etc.....They are the best of the best on planet earth. Surely that's worth something. Little poll:

Velo Vol -

"No football player "deserves" that kind of money for carrying a ball around. What a weird society this is."

Athletes are worth what they and the owners agree they are worth.

A weird society is one in which a party outside of the negotiation can assume he knows what's fair and proper. One where he thinks he knows the true "value" of things.

No different than actors hauling in millions for a role in a movie. Athletes are performers too, plus they sacrifice their bodies for their roles.

What about the people that give their lives for this country. What is that worth?

answer: 450K before taxes.

No *****..it's worth what the government says you are worth. The amount changes all the time. You wouldn't know anything about that, though.

You agree to a compensation package when you enlist, do you not? Even if some of the benefits are subject to change, you still agreed to the terms.

You agree to a compensation package when you enlist, do you not? Even if some of the benefits are subject to change, you still agreed to the terms.

You do the same thing when you get married. Doesn't mean your ***** won't still sleep with the ups guy.

What about if you get drafted? Your ass would run to canada. What is the value of your life then?

No *****..it's worth what the government says you are worth. The amount changes all the time. You wouldn't know anything about that, though.

Almost everyones pay changes good or bad depending on what their employer says they are worth. If you dont like the change, find a new employer.

I think they're paid to much. However, the owners seem to think they are worth it, so get what you can get

You do the same thing when you get married. Doesn't mean your ***** won't still sleep with the ups guy.

What about if you get drafted? Your ass would run to canada. What is the value of your life then?

Thank goodness we rid ourselves of slavery to the state in the form of the military draft. Leave the military jobs to people like you who actually enjoy it.

Draft has been dead since 1973.

I have no problems with what athletes make, if anyone complains about they get paid too much it is our fault. We go to the games, buy the jerseys, etc.

We are talking about a life. Shut your f'kin mouth.

7th, I'm not saying your life is equal to your salary. Human life has no price. But if you think your salary isn't fair, what prevents you from finding another job when your enlistment is done?

7th, I'm not saying your life is equal to your salary. Human life has no price. But if you think your salary isn't fair, what prevents you from finding another job when your enlistment is done?

I beg to differ. If you were in a position to pay a price to save your own life, at what point does the price become so high that you won't put yourself/family in debt (assuming you can't declare bankruptcy)?

Are you going to die, or saddle the next 5 generations of your posterity with $10 million in debt?

What about me? If you could pay $100 to save my life, would you do it? $1000?

Life has a price that we can all put a number on. We just refuse to face the notion because it feels so soul-less.

Hypotheticals are hypothetical.

If you were a hotdog, would you eat yourself?

Your freedom was bought by blood. I wish i lived in the fairytale land you live in. It will need to be bought again, make no mistake. If not you, your children. I sh!t you not.

VN Store

Back