Athletes Pay

Athlete's Pay

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This isn't about a recession, this is about a budget. At least I'm smart enough to get that much.

Then you are smart enough to control your little world. Leave the bigger decisions to those who are not so narrow minded. Just my humble opinion, of course.

Then you are smart enough to control your little world. Leave the bigger decisions to those who are not so narrow minded. Just my humble opinion, of course.

Leave financial decisions to those who have proven they can't be trusted with financial decisions? Sounds like a great plan.

You think I'm sticking my head in the sand when it comes to the need for our military presence around the world, but that's exactly what you and the pentagon do when it comes to the budget.

Leave financial decisions to those who have proven they can't be trusted with financial decisions? Sounds like a great plan.

You think I'm sticking my head in the sand when it comes to the need for our military presence around the world, but that's exactly what you and the pentagon do when it comes to the budget.

Please, lay your worldly stratigic plan out for me. Maybe I'm missing something. I agree in securing the boarders. What would you do with Afghanistan?

Please, lay your worldly stratigic plan out for me. Maybe I'm missing something. I agree in securing the boarders. What would you do with Afghanistan?

Why do you care? You won't agree with me. I would exit Afghanistan.

I see the budget as the #1 national defense threat. I don't think terrorists pose a threat to America's future....they can kill some here and some there, but nothing that actually threatens our existence.

We never needed to go into Afghanistan, IMO. We could've issued a letter of marque and reprisal for Osama (like a bounty) and maybe saved a lot of money, and lives. In the mean-time we do our best to remotely locate him, and if we see no results we can address the option of a full-scale military operation.

Say we put a $25 billion reward out for OBL....if it works, and his own people turn him in for the bounty within a few months, what message does that send to future terrorist organizers? Talk about a deterrent!

Last edited:
Why do you care? You won't agree with me. I would exit Afghanistan.

I see the budget as the #1 national defense threat. I don't think terrorists pose a threat to America's future....they can kill some here and some there, but nothing that actually threatens our existence.

We never needed to go into Afghanistan, IMO. We could've issued a letter of marque and reprisal for Osama (like a bounty) and maybe saved a lot of money, and lives. In the mean-time we do our best to remotely locate him, and if we see no results we can address the option of a full-scale military operation.

Say we put a $25 billion reward out for OBL....if it works, and his own people turn him in for the bounty within a few months, what message does that send to future terrorist organizers? Talk about a deterrent!

There was a 20 million bounty on his head for the longest time. Is that not enough money?

There was a 20 million bounty on his head for the longest time. Is that not enough money?

I guess it wasn't since we had to nab him ourselves. If you put $25 billion on him, that saves us a lot of money (nowhere near what Afghanistan has cost us).

He was found in Pakistan where the annual GDP is less than $200 billion. $20 million isn't much of a dent in their economy. $25 billion is likely enough incentive for a government of that size to make capturing OBL priority #1.

Considering we have hundreds of military bases, by far the largest defense budget, and we are willing to fight pretty much anywhere at the drop of a hat, I'd say that shouldn't be a concern.

Uh no

In a world of statistics and precision, a world in which “accountability” is now a Washington buzzword, a world where all information is available at the click of a mouse, there’s one number no American knows. Not the president. Not the Pentagon. Not the experts. No one.

There are more than 1,000 U.S. military bases dotting the globe. To be specific, the most accurate count is 1,077. Unless it’s 1,088. Or, if you count differently, 1,169. Or even 1,180. Actually, the number might even be higher. Nobody knows for sure.

Today, according to the Pentagon’s published figures, the American flag flies over 750 U.S. military sites in foreign nations and U.S. territories abroad. This figure does not include small foreign sites of less than 10 acres or those that the U.S. military values at less than $10 million. In some cases, numerous bases of this type may be folded together and counted as a single military installation in a given country. A request for further clarification from the Department of Defense went unanswered.

etc.

Tomgram: Nick Turse, The Pentagon's Planet of Bases | TomDispatch

TV stations pay the NFL billions of dollars to the rights to the games.

Fans pay thousands of dollars for tickets, merch, etc.

TV stations pay the NFL billions of dollars to the rights to the games.

Fans pay thousands of dollars for tickets, merch, etc.

Good point. Made me wonder if TV revenue exceeds revenue direct from fans and found this....

Capture-9.png

So TV revenue is not quite 40% of the pie (at least for the Packers).

I don't see why they shouldn't be able to make what their owners are willing to pay them.

VN Store

Back