Athlon predicts the results of UT's season....

Then it'll be lots of fun when they have to eat them there words when we pull a couple of meaningful upsets. We're due!!! Boom!!

Hand Grenade Fishing.jpg

Reactions: 29 people
I disagree with Mark Fox that the defense will again be a weakness and I agree with Brandon Hall that Auburn will be a must-win game for the Vols to go bowling.

Morons are still blindly overestimating Vandy and what they did last year. Look at the teams they beat... and that record becomes a laughable misrepresentation of the quality of that team.

And again... saying it will be "good" if Jones reaches 6-6 pretty much says what they think of UT as a program. A "good" performance with this roster at 6-6 pretty much says that UT will be "good" if they become a second tier SEC program winning 7-9 games perpetually. If you think UT is or can become a perennial powerhouse then 6-6 is not what you are looking for from the coach of this roster.

Reactions: 2 people
I disagree with Mark Fox that the defense will again be a weakness and I agree with Brandon Hall that Auburn will be a must-win game for the Vols to go bowling.

Saying that means you believe that UT will lose to one of the following which to me would be no more acceptable than the Vandy and UK losses were by Dooley: UK, Vandy, Mizzou, WKU, USA, APSU.

Reactions: 1 person
Face it, we haven't covered the past 4 years, so they are playing it safe. Next year they wil respect us after we surprise some people this year.

Reactions: 9 people
Morons are still blindly overestimating Vandy and what they did last year. Look at the teams they beat... and that record becomes a laughable misrepresentation of the quality of that team.

And again... saying it will be "good" if Jones reaches 6-6 pretty much says what they think of UT as a program. A "good" performance with this roster at 6-6 pretty much says that UT will be "good" if they become a second tier SEC program winning 7-9 games perpetually. If you think UT is or can become a perennial powerhouse then 6-6 is not what you are looking for from the coach of this roster.

Dude you need to wake up and smell the roses. We are talking about the first season of a new head coach and the first season after the Dooley era. We should thank the heavens if the worst we do is 6-6.

Reactions: 6 people

agree 100% - with dooley at the helm i think the prognosticators are spot on

CBJ can coach though, he has shown it in the past at multiple schools

even with Dooley and Sal we were right in the game with UGA and USCjr - we have 3 ooc gimmies for a good coach - UK, Vandy and MO should be wins 90% of the time for a good coach at UT - Auburn didnt win a SEC game last year and they have a new coach who has almost no experience

i get we have weaknesses but so do all of those teams I just mentioned - there are some wins out there to be had

Reactions: 4 people
Dude you need to wake up and smell the roses. We are talking about the first season of a new head coach and the first season after the Dooley era. We should thank the heavens if the worst we do is 6-6.

Idc what happens this year really, but Butch better win 8 or more games in 2014 or bring Fulmer back.

Saying that means you believe that UT will lose to one of the following which to me would be no more acceptable than the Vandy and UK losses were by Dooley: UK, Vandy, Mizzou, WKU, USA, APSU.

It's certainly plausible for Tennessee to lose in Columbia. Mizzou is the third game of a stretch which has the Vols playing USCe at home and then Bama on the road. The Vols then have Auburn at home. Auburn could most certainly become a must-win game.

More so than the UK and Vandy losses by Dooley was his team's inability to hold a comfortable lead against Mizzou and fall in 4 ot's last year. Dooley's utter lack of clock management at the end of regulation of that game was inexplicable and inexcusable.

Last edited:
I honestly think this year we are going to lose to someone we shouldn't and beat someone we aren't supposed to beat. Who that will be I have no idea.

I felt the same way about ND last year too. Going undefeated is impressive, but when you look at their opponents' records after the season ND's wins looked pretty unimpressive.

You clearly weren't watching the games last year and how close we came to winning a lot of those games. 5-7 will be underachieving even for this year.

Reactions: 3 people
some of you guys just have to progress with your expectations - its like when you date your first hot girl - the way you act has to change - its just not the same as it was before - your not with a 6 anymore so pull your shoulders up, shake off the Dooley and lets watch CBJ win some games

my guess is in year 1 or 2 CBJ wins 9 - not sure which, depends on how quick they "get" the offensive scheme

Agreed. I'm thinking we lose one and win one between Mizzou and Auburn. I just can't make up my mind which one til I see these teams in action come Sept.

We owe both an A$$ whoopin! I hope we beat Auburn though. Way too many Auburn fans in Brentwood!

Our defense was terrible last year. They'll probably be better, but even a better defense can still be a weakness.

VN Store

Back