Athlon ranks SEC stadiums

Sanford Stadium is a nice venue in a beautiful setting...so is Keenan Stadium in Chapel Hill.

As far as big time football atmosphere, it's a wine and cheese crowd compared to Baton Rouge, Gainesville, Tuscaloosa, Knoxville and Auburn.

Kinda wondering how a Gator would know much about Sanford. GA-FL game's in J'ville every year.

Kinda wondering how a Gator would know much about Sanford. GA-FL game's in J'ville every year.

I was at the '95 game in Athens. UGA's stadium and campus are beautiful. The atmosphere inside the stadium was weak.

Even in Jax, the UGA side of the stadium only gets loud on 3rd down...or when Driskel throws the ball to one of your guys.

"Recent renovations have transformed the once dilapidated exterior into a brick Big Orange cathedral."

Are they serious with that?

:mad:

I was at the '95 game in Athens. UGA's stadium and campus are beautiful. The atmosphere inside the stadium was weak.

Even in Jax, the UGA side of the stadium only gets loud on 3rd down...or when Driskel throws the ball to one of your guys.

Wow! So you're saying that UF fans are better than UGA fans in J'ville?!?! If that's the case, I hope they stay that way 'cause I like the results lately.

Wow! So you're saying that UF fans are better than UGA fans in J'ville?!?! If that's the case, I hope they stay that way 'cause I like the results lately.

Don't confuse UGA beating UF two in a row for the first time in over 20 years, with UGA fans being tame relative to other SEC fan bases for the past 20 years.

Don't confuse UGA beating UF two in a row for the first time in over 20 years, with UGA fans being tame relative to other SEC fan bases for the past 20 years.

Looks like the Fla run over the East might be slipping. You are .500 against them the last six?

I have never been to LSU's stadium to comment... but UGA? that place is a dump!

99.9 % of people who've been to Sanford Stadium would strongly disagree. Practically every poll of NCAA stadiums has Sanford in at least the top 10. I don't think there's a stadium in the SEC that you could realistically call a "dump".

The only stadium I care about is......

th

th

Really, Sanford or the swamp LOL ? This is TENNESSEE BABY!!!!!!

GO VOLS..
GO BIG ORANGE ........... :rock:

99.9 % of people who've been to Sanford Stadium would strongly disagree. Practically every poll of NCAA stadiums has Sanford in at least the top 10. I don't think there's a stadium in the SEC that you could realistically call a "dump".

On a SATURDAY night LSU is a hard place to beat, its there fans that make the stadium, I have been going sense the 60s, seem like our fans are just to polite dont mean that in a bad way, we need to get more rowdy, we got the quietest 100,000 fans i ever seen,we need to raise some Hell, make some noise have the other team fear the stadium before they even get there, then the game is almost won before you kickoff.:ermm:

Might be?

We haven't sniffed the SECCG in half a decade...of course we've slipped.

Question for you, if he loses again this year to UGA, do you fire him? My opinion is if he loses 3 straight to UGA , that will place him on the hot seat for next year. That series has always had runs.

He had a good year and you guys had a great defense last year but the gator fans I know where still griping bc of the sugar bowl. What do you feel about him? Will his seat get warm if u don't make the seccg?

Question for you, if he loses again this year to UGA, do you fire him? My opinion is if he loses 3 straight to UGA , that will place him on the hot seat for next year. That series has always had runs.

He had a good year and you guys had a great defense last year but the gator fans I know where still griping bc of the sugar bowl. What do you feel about him? Will his seat get warm if u don't make the seccg?

With every loss to UGA his seat gets warmer, but I don't think a loss to UGA this season gets Muschamp fired.

Most UF fans/alums I know wrote off the Sugar Bowl as the fluke it was. We came in uninterested, underestimated our opponent and got waxed. Louisville treated it like the Super Bowl...no different than Bama losing to Utah several years ago.

Early on during his time at UF, Spurrier was criticizing for losing to the Bowdens. Muschamp needs to get the UGA monkey off his back.

With every loss to UGA his seat gets warmer, but I don't think a loss to UGA this season gets Muschamp fired.

Most UF fans/alums I know wrote off the Sugar Bowl as the fluke it was. We came in uninterested, underestimated our opponent and got waxed. Louisville treated it like the Super Bowl...no different than Bama losing to Utah several years ago.

Early on during his time at UF, Spurrier was criticizing for losing to the Bowdens. Muschamp needs to get the UGA monkey off his back.

Im not sure how good he'll be over the long haul, but short of really blowing up this year I think he bought himself an extra year with last years success. Short of the bowl game they finished a game or two better than I thought they would.

VN Store

Back