Atlanta Braves Thread (I HURT MYSELF TODAY TO SEE IF I STILL FEEL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[twitter]https://twitter.com/RTinMan13/status/855232851188514816[/twitter]

This is good twittering and I just wanted to test out this new twitter embed thing.

I read a tweet that said something along the lines of

The entire city of Atlanta has been collapsing since the 3rd quarter of the Super Bowl.

Jason Heyward is a fine baseball player. The media hyped him up and that takes away from that fact. The "ball just sounds different off his bat" "haven't heard the ball pop like that since Aaron" descriptions made him out to be the savior of baseball. Which he never would've been, but doesn't mean he isn't very good overall.

He was hyped up, but there is no doubt he was an extremely gifted prospect and has underachieved. Good for him that he signed a monster contract almost purely on the basis of his defense, but he is a disappointment purely because of the fact that he just isn't a very good hitter, either for average or power. His hitting has actually gotten quite a bit worse since he was traded from the Braves.

He was hyped up, but there is no doubt he was an extremely gifted prospect and has underachieved. Good for him that he signed a monster contract almost purely on the basis of his defense, but he is a disappointment purely because of the fact that he just isn't a very good hitter, either for average or power. His hitting has actually gotten quite a bit worse since he was traded from the Braves.

33.1 career WAR is very good. He is a very good baseball player. His offensive year in STL contributed to that contract BTW.

33.1 career WAR is very good. He is a very good baseball player. His offensive year in STL contributed to that contract BTW.

He is a good player. His defense is outstanding. His bat is not. At present, he is massively overpaid. His single best offensive year from a WAR perspective was his rookie season, so perhaps his underachievement in that regard is due to an inability to make adjustments.

He has all the ability to be a huge offensive producer, but the stats he has put up simply aren't all that impressive. His average 162 game season is hitting .262 with 17 HRs.

[twitter]https://twitter.com/mlbbowman/status/855503763368443904[/twitter]

Will he be in Atlanta by May 9th to be the DH for the two game set at Houston or wait until the four game trip to Toronto on May 15?

Dansby to be slidered to death in the 8 spot. Maybe he'll draw a lot of walks and that will make him feel better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back