Atlanta Braves Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
B.J., while frustrating, has had a bad start. He plays good defense at least.

Uggla has become worthless, and other than that incredible July/August, has sucked horribly from the day he got to Atlanta.

B.J., while frustrating, has had a bad start. He plays good defense at least.

Uggla has become worthless, and other than that incredible July/August, has sucked horribly from the day he got to Atlanta.

I would rather see Pastornicky or Pena play. At least they make contact. I guess you can't sit a guy making 62 million.

Damn shame. Chris Paul is a man.

tumblr_mk16qqeCGX1rm3j2yo1_400.gif

How can anyone root for that ^^^ mind boggling. I can't stand that punk. The other night, he stopped dribbling and called his own damn foul. CALLED HIS OWN FOUL seconds after the "alleged" incident and they gave it to him!

The biggest problem with flopping -- originally in soccer, and now in basketball and even hockey -- is that it works. If you're not trying to draw unearned fouls on the other team by flopping, you're leaving a potential advantage for your team on the table. And we know from the IF YA AIN'T CHEATIN YA AIN'T TRYIN crowd that that's unacceptable.

I hate it. I have no idea why sports leagues haven't been done a better job stamping it out.

The biggest problem with flopping -- originally in soccer, and now in basketball and even hockey -- is that it works. If you're not trying to draw unearned fouls on the other team by flopping, you're leaving a potential advantage for your team on the table. And we know from the IF YA AIN'T CHEATIN YA AIN'T TRYIN crowd that that's unacceptable.

I hate it. I have no idea why sports leagues haven't been done a better job stamping it out.

It's just in bad taste. Waters down the game. If I were Cousins I would've wanted to stomp a mudhole in that cat.

I would say that it's because it's pretty much impossible to do that.

"We will review video afterwards. If we catch you in an egregious act of diving, you will be suspended for two games, forfeiting your paycheck for those two games. The second time it's five games; the third time it's ten. Have a nice day."

Problem solved.

Reactions: 1 person
"We will review video afterwards. If we catch you in an egregious act of diving, you will be suspended for two games, forfeiting your paycheck for those two games. The second time it's five games; the third time it's ten. Have a nice day."

Problem solved.

I know that the talk before this NBA season was about how they were going to start cracking down on flopping but I only really remember it being mentioned in the context of in game type situations. There's no suspension/monetary component to that new rule is there?

I know that the talk before this NBA season was about how they were going to start cracking down on flopping but I only really remember it being mentioned in the context of in game type situations. There's no suspension/monetary component to that new rule is there?

Not that I know of, which is why it has to be bigger than that. It's hard for the refs to see it during the game -- which of course is why flopping works to begin with. There has to be the threat of a retroactive punishment after looking at the video for there to be any teeth in it at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back