Atlanta Braves Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better game when these two met last year. I expected Mike to pitch well. I did not expect Leake to do so, although when I shoud have.. seems like he punked us last year.

Leake is pitching for a job, and if he didn't have to pitch to Uggla he would be getting that job

But dig a little deeper and you'll see that no team in baseball is defined more clearly by its home ballpark than the Reds are. That was by design: The close rightfield foul line and the gap in right-center were set up to help former Red Ken Griffey Jr. make a run at what was then Hank Aaron's home run record.

"It was built for Griffey and Dunn to be there 20 years,'' said former Reds GM Wayne Krivsky.

"The ball doesn't fly here any better than any other place and it's not that it's super windy,'' said Reds starter Bronson Arroyo. "It's that the gaps are small.

"You can have short lines like Yankee Stadium, but as long as the gaps get big, you're OK. Gaps are your safe zone. They keep guys from hitting the ball out all over the place. It's frustrating when a ball that would be caught in 25 other parks goes out here by a couple of rows.

"If the gaps were 20 feet bigger here you'd cut down 20 to 30 home runs to right-center every year and that would make it a little fairer for everyone. But at the end of the day their guys gotta pitch here, too."

Quod erat demonstrandum

Reactions: 1 person
Also, Uggla rockin that tie for 2nd on the team in HRs. The man does his curls.

I know why they did it, but I've always thought 390 to right center at Turner Field is too much.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? is a Latin phrase traditionally attributed to the Roman poet Juvenal from his Satires (Satire VI, lines 347–8), which is literally translated as "Who will guard the guards themselves?" Also sometimes rendered as "Who watches the watchmen?",

I didn't see watchmen. idk about y'all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back